Treasure Snoop Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys....just to say, still useing the GC 1038 cheapy, I first mentioned this machine around Jan 2016, had an accident on my shoulder.....so the light weight of the GC1038 helped a lot, found about seven rings, gold bracelet, and mans silver bracelet worth about $300, this machine still surprises me on the beach with wet sand, goes fairly deep, the only thing I have changed is, now I use rechargeable batteries, would happily get rid of my expensive Minelab and Garrett machines.

How's your detector going ?

Noticed a couple of threads regarding the "GC 1038", so out of curiosity, I jumped onto ebay, but couldn't find anything... not available anymore ?

I came across these detectors, which were around the $80 mark,

s-l1600.jpg

mdetector-gc1010-00c5au.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Are any of these the same as yours ?

The second detector you have pictured is basically the same as the one sold by Aldi, just in a different format. Heatho found a fair bit with his Aldi detector, though I probably put that down to a good operator vs the actual detector. Still, if you can't afford much, the Aldi one which comes up for sale every now and again is better than nothing.

I know you don't have a big budget, but I really have to reitereate that buying a brand name detector is the best line of thinking, even if second hand. I started out using no name crap detectors as a teenager, and it did nothing but frustrate and gave me absolutely no confidence in finding anything. Funny thing is, the last detector you have pictured was around when I was young (30+ years ago), though under a different brand name - Micronta or Radioshack. After I got rid of that piece of junk, I just saved a few dollars from my part time job, and ended up buying a second hand Minelab XT17000 gold detector, best move I made.

Don't forget you can come across a gem buy off ebay from the states if you look hard enough - even with the extra cost of postage. Second hand Garretts Ace 250's are a dime a dozen over there, hence can be real cheap at times, especially now they are superceded by the Ace 300.

Thanks Goldpick, I thought the LCD looked similar to ALDIs :p

I totally understand about buying an entry lvl name brand, Ill check out ebay, see what's out there. No money atm so have plenty of time to save I guess.