Amethyst in caboolture

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys after many years of finding small quartz crystals ,calcite geodes and the odd thunder egg and petrified wood in the upper caboolture area I have recently found an alluvial source of water worn amethyst in a creek in far upper caboolture, though the quality is poor I have found 3 unmistakable examples ,I was wondering if anyone else has ever had luck in the area ?

I know of the Redcliffe beaches ranging from where the sea salt and vine cafe is to the Redcliffe jetty you just find them on top of the sand or in the mud flats it’s best to go at low tide!🙏

Hi guys after many years of finding small quartz crystals ,calcite geodes and the odd thunder egg and petrified wood in the upper caboolture area I have recently found an alluvial source of water worn amethyst in a creek in far upper caboolture, though the quality is poor I have found 3 unmistakable examples ,I was wondering if anyone else has ever had luck in the area ?
In what creek exactly did you find these as I am in the Caboolture area and looking for places closer to home if it’s okay that I ask I know of multiple places in the seq area if you want to know some other places in order for me to where this amazing spot is! Thanks.
The Mad Rockhounder 🙏

Latest posts