The Forum's Oldest Coin. Round 1.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kato here, YES!
I can finally get my 1854 1 PFENNING in.

Really proud of this find, I dug it out of a friends front yard in Walkerville, Adelaide.
I have found a number of pre dec coins in his yard, more than him and he has a Minelabs 705 now too.
He wanted to see what was in his yard.

This is my earliest coin, and my next one is 1908 Half Penny, also found in his yard.

1485405584_img_0288.jpg

1485405583_img_0286.jpg

B5MECH said:
Detectist said:
Hey mister Detectist :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd like to see the other side please you lucky bugger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Where did you find that? :cool: :cool:

Sure - I only gave it a little wash so it's not fantastically clean. It was found on an 1850s-1870s gold field.

1485758066_1853_reverse.jpg

If you want to see a good condition old coin found on the same goldfield wait until 1837 comes up and if I am the one to post.

Greenhornet_au said:
Kato here, YES!
I can finally get my 1854 1 PFENNING in.

Really proud of this find, I dug it out of a friends front yard in Walkerville, Adelaide.
I have found a number of pre dec coins in his yard, more than him and he has a Minelabs 705 now too.
He wanted to see what was in his yard.

This is my earliest coin, and my next one is 1908 Half Penny, also found in his yard.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8767/1485405584_img_0288.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8767/1485405583_img_0286.jpg

German History in SA! Last time I was trying to enter former POW camp but there is a gate to go to Power station. I dont think it is possible?!?

I may have one I'll check......i need to catalogue my finds.

1852 yeah??

I've found heaps of coppers and silvers.
Update later today.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts