Anyone got any stones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishfull

Peter Johnson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G'day. Recently I purchased a timbler and also some rocks from the same company, I was not very impressed with the rocks I got as they had lots of cracks in th and very angular and very average indeed Plus I think I got some blue asbestos with them which I am getting a geologist to check soon.
Anyway just wondering if anyone has some nice stones I can buy off of them 2 or 3 pounds would be about all I would want atm.

Cheers

Hey wishfull,

We have gone down the same road and putting the collected moonstone, garnets, ordinary saphires thru the tumbler. Going out again this year to collect more for the tumbler and we will see if any are worth doing more with.

Cheers

Doug

Many thanks to Lefty for sending me some nice rocks to tumble.....Cheers thumbsup

No worries. It'll be good to see what they look like tumbled, I've never tumbled anything before.

Hope he didn't give you any asbestos. glasses smile

Cheers

Doug

No, pretty sure I checked everything carefully before packing it :)

Do you need more tumbling material Wishfull ?
I will be seeing Dave Innes ( Inverell rock shop ) at Lismore Gemfest... i can get him to throw a package together for you if you want....
Dont wory too much about angular rocks . .The grinding stage will take care of that..or a hammer to break down to the shape you want... :Y:
Lefty.. i thought you would be a Tumbler type of guy...its a good way to see if you have anything worthwile to cut from...

LW..

Lefty.. i thought you would be a Tumbler type of guy...its a good way to see if you have anything worthwile to cut from...

LW..

Never done it LW. First experience upon joining the club was polishing a thundergg half, then cabbing, then faceting. One of the other members told me that he tumbled the Lowmead crystals that weren't faceting grade but I never saw what they looked like.

Wishfull, what size barrel are you using? :)

Lefty, Some of the Lowmead Amethyst would come up nice if you Tumbled it.... You can easily build one for about $100, or less if you use cheap Bearings and Motor... I am in the Process of building a Solar Tumbler..... 8)...Work in progress, sorted most parts, now to get the batteries... by the time im finished I could have built several Electric Tumblers tho.... :rolleyes:

Seen one 'Type' mounted to a roof rack, so when you drive along the wind powers a small set of fan blades... Good for Travellers.. interesting... something like the one that was in GGT Mag quite a few years ago... :Y:

LW..

Latest posts