New ground for Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rustydog1 said:
Hi just Wondering if anyone has found new ground that produces Gold . Where no mining or gold has been recorded. If a place
has volcanic history the right rock formation like conglomerate rock , mud stone , deep quartz is it worth ago or just a waist on time ?

Not a waste of time....I recently drove through an area I've never been before about 4 hours from home. What got me excited was the roadside cuts and exposed areas in the hills I was in, looked a lot like gold country to me with a lot of familiar markers that were screaming gold. Talked to the local supermarket and servo (very small) who must have thought I was mad....dismissed my theory of gold so I just left quietly and retraced the last 10 km until I found a really nice looking creek with relatively easy access.

Using a tiny fold up shovel and a pan without a classifier and limited water I found nearly half a gram and a few brilliant tiny specimens which all point to recent and near shedding. Unfortunately I had to leave after about an hour to make my destination. I got on Google and there was mention of the district (35 miles from town X type descriptions) but perhaps never well worked by the old timers looking for high payable deposits.

1 or two blokes with a Highbanker an Sdc and a 4500 would do pretty well in an area with no visible or recognized historical workings I reckon. Who knows, that sort of little bit might lead to a whole big untouched run of silent and hidden lode.

I say it's where you find it.....And if you believe you aren't wasting your own time I don't think it matters too much if others do. Cheers.

Latest posts