gold tour

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All packed and ready to go. Leave at 5am tomorrow . Mount magnet by next Friday, bloody grouse.
Dig-n-it and big wave have a safe trip and may all of your dreams be realised,
Everyone else I hope you all have a good season and all pocket some yellow.
See ya we will try to keep you posted.
Jim and robyn

Good on you both Jim and Robyn. I'm all packed too, and not leaving until 7.30am tomorrow. Now the challenge of getting some sleep. It's been a huge week at work paving the way to be away for 3 weeks and I'm a little wired. Will hit Parkes tomorrow night and Forsayth Wednesday night, ready to start our detecting tour Thursday.
Have a great trip, and don't forget to post. I'll be following your trip.
Will be great to compare adventures.
All the best and travel safe. Cheers Andy

thanks andy we have stopped for the night 60 km short of adelaide all well except for a strong headwind, murdered the fuel ecconomy with the van on the back.
hopfully a good nights sleep and an early start tommorow. seeya
jim & robyn

might be a bit late with this comment , recently I just finished a 7 day NSW tour organised by Gold and Relics based in Victoria. I think he has a tour organised for West Aus. i found the tag along tour a wealth of experience, basically a one on one teaching session in a group, for example, there I was laying on the ground scratching like a chook after a worm, after locating a target with my SDC 2300, eventaully found the target a bit of No 4 shot, as I got up, turned and there was Darren, leaning against a tree, he spoke, I ve been watching you for 10 minutes , you still have a bit of trouble pinpointing your target so he went into a deep and descriptive detail on how the coils work and the sweetspot etc etc,

I would give them a call , to see when and where they will be in the great new frontier for us amatuer prospectors

Thanks for your info iamagoldenoldie2 dug we have a tour booked with goanna adventures starting next week.
We are now camped on the hill overlooking the sons of Gwalia open cut mine (wow) , at Leonora . Only 420km to go

ARRIVED AT MOUNT MAGNET TODAY PHEEEW, We live in a big country. 3756 km, how many country would that cover in EUROPE. Start detecting tomorrow , and our tour starts on monday. yah000000w
jim

we surfaced today at laverton it.s been a long time since we had any reception. we have a total of 84 grams so far including a 20 gram piece i found on my "70th birthday 4 days ago". what a way to celerbrate. we are off to DUKETON tomorrow where we have a 40e on a 9 tenement block.we just heard on the grapevine that some bloke found a 1000 ounce patch up there this year, how true it is i don't know but i hope it was not on our patch. well we are off again tommorow and will post a report when we surface again. will try to post some photo's when we get home at the end of the month ;) :cool:
ps the weather has been brilliant, blue skies and sunshine' sorry but could not help myself
JIM AND ROBYN

We came out of the bush yesterday and made our way down to Kalgoorlie will spend the day here doing the tourist thing then hit the road. It was only a little 460k drive, the long haul starts tommorow. We are going up to the flinders ranges on the way home so will still be a while before we get home. We had a great time detecting over here, fabulous weather and what a way to hone your detecting skills we swung the coils nearly every day and finished with 290 pieces for 108grams. Will work out the pics thin at home and post then. Thanks to all the well wishers, we have had a ball.

jim and robyn

108 grams of fresh WA gold! 290 individual pieces! :rainbow:

Wow - well done and congratulations to you both. :party:

Enjoy the homeward journey and travel safely.

Amazing read so far, cant wait to see some pics!! :Y:

The 20 grammer on your 70th would have been surreal!!!! :party: :rainbow: :party:
What a tally 104g!! :eek: :Y: :D

Excellent stuff, well done. :)

Congrats Jim & Robyn. Got to be happy with that. :Y:
Safe trip home.
Enjoy Flinders Ranges. My 20 year old son just returned from a Flinders Rangers road trip. He and his mate drove over in the mates 1960's Mustang. Said the old guys in all the towns were all over them drooling over the Stang. They had a great time.

Jim and Robyn,
I'm a bit shitty we didn't get to meet up due to commitments here, but I absolutely enjoyed our talks and am glad you both had a wonderful trip.

Next year we WILL catch up.

Have a safe trip home.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve we will catch up next year,thanks for your help this winter and I have enjoyed our talks as well .we wish you well with your Eldorado and May it continue for a long time. You are an old fashioned bloke mate and there are not a lot of them left unfortunately.
Thanks also to Andrew it would be good to catch up with you again and compare pics, I would also like to meet big wave, maybe at lannacoorie we will see
Jim

Latest posts