Oberon area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure there's a website on the Campbell's river campsite, give it a good ol' google search :p there is also the campsite in black springs near the Vulcan state forest, not sure if either of them have specific rules.

If I were to go back soon I'd definitely try mushroom picking, the forests are absolutely full of them right now. Lots of fly agarics around too... poisonous but very aesthetic :D

I've spent a bit of time fossicking in the vulcan but have only found small chips and fragments of sapphire. I found my best other day though. Didn't believe it at first!
they're out there, you've just got to have patience and look in the right places.
1494310447_18387111_1691974920826425_1301045493_n.jpg

Porters Retreat and the Campbells river definitely hold gold and they're both about 15minutes away from the vulcan state forest. They didn't show a lot of colour for the test pans I did but it's there.

As does the Black Springs sapphire area, some small gold has been in some of my fines.

Have swung the SDC over a few spots on stories of the occasional nugget showing up in the sieve but have failed to liberate anything from clutches of the Vulcan.

Sunny Corrner is the other 'relatively close' to Sydney nugget locality.

Latest posts