WalnLiz Gemstone and gold fossicking videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again Wal n Liz, I've just lost two hours to YouTube watching your videos. Thanks for sharing :)

Melmac said:
Thanks again Wal n Liz, I've just lost two hours to YouTube watching your videos. Thanks for sharing :)

Hope you found some of them entertaining Melmac, Hope to add a few shortly on gold detecting over WA.

Cheers Wal. :)

hi Wal

Just wondering if you have any information on what to look for when digging for amethyst or topaz or even clear quartz?

My emails [email address removed as per forum rules, please add it to your profile - Nugget] I would love some feedback.

Ive watched a few of your videos but didn't quite get an in depth knowledge on what to look for.

look forward to hearing from you

Heath Barber

G 'day Heath,

Can be a fairly lengthy subject as it varies in each area. Some of the quartz varieties form on plates and in some areas as individual crystals and other areas inside geodes. Most of your best Amethyst will in the form of geodes and most of these require a far bit of digging.

Clear quartz is by far the easiest to locate and is quite abundant over a large area.

Topaz is generally associated with river wash and again only in certain areas close to where they were formed. They are very often associated with areas that also produced Tin and are quite often found in tailings from the old Tin miners.

As soon as you reach 10 posts Heath, can i suggest you send me a PM with details of your local area, and i will do my best to help you out.....

Cheers Wal :)

No.10, well done. I would be happy ecstatic finding my first lol
Glad to see you had a good time. :)

Well done mate. Hope you injoyed your trip to WA.
What was your total for the hole WA trip?

Latest posts