Fishing advice swap for fossicking advice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

No idea with digging for gold but super experienced saltwater fisho

Most of my "spot x's" are between Batemans and nsw central coast, or Townsville area.

Please feel free to ask for help with most species that call the ocean their home especially if you are land based and want some pointers.

Happy to share same as most of you here seem to be happy to help

Hi Hunter,

I've heard of hill end and have always meant to visit one day. Will definitely hit you up sometime.
I'll pack the camping gear but probably only when the weather isn't too cold (yes I'm in Canberra at the moment but I'm cold blooded and prefer the hot weather lol)

Just let me know. Bcf fishing waders are worth it in cold times. Always add to the repair kit but. Take extra super glue and pvc. But when you start getting good colour....... hot coffee and you will put up with it. Ha. Let me know.

Good to see another fisho on here, been an obsession of mine for over 50 years. If only the gold was as easy to find as a feed of fish.

Magilla said:
Good to see another fisho on here, been an obsession of mine for over 50 years. If only the gold was as easy to find as a feed of fish.

Well the fish do come with less effort sometimes, but a frustrating pursuit sometimes too. Especially when you see them on your sounder but they refuse every gourmet offering you give them

Rosswab said:
Hi all

No idea with digging for gold but super experienced saltwater fisho

Most of my "spot x's" are between Batemans and nsw central coast, or Townsville area.

Please feel free to ask for help with most species that call the ocean their home especially if you are land based and want some pointers.

Happy to share same as most of you here seem to be happy to help

G'day mate, I've always wanted to go after blue eyed trevalla, have you tried catching this species or advise me on what to do or where to catch them? dsounder, I use a 1000w transducer and the 9" Lowrence sounder..............alex

Hi mate

That's about the only type of fishing I've never done; going deep for stuff like that and gemfish

Ozpolitic site has some gps marks you can use to start with and try from there