Golf Buggy Transporter

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been in a bit of a quandary about carrying/lugging/dragging/moving my mini high banker and ancillary equipment and still have a small storage foot print.
Weight for me is a limiting factor, major arthritis, 1 knee replaced the other will be (hopefully ) next year and a low resulting level of fitness and strength.
So the weights involved :-
1/ pump 12 kg's
2/ lay flat hose 7 kg's
3/ mini banker 7 kg's
4/ shovel 2kg's
5/ fuel 2kg's
6/ suction hose and filters/fittings 2kg's
7/ mattock 2kg's
----------
Total ...................................................34 kg's

So here's my (hopefully ) solution :D an old golf buggy like this

1491215301_golf_buggy_transporter.jpg

A piece of marine ply bolted onto the bottom for the pump and spare fuel
Above that over the existing seat and bag bracket would be a rack to hold the banker
A couple of upright tubes on the seat supports to hold the shovel and mattock .

The whole unit will come apart, wheels off,handle off , seat off then folds flat for minimal storage space

So whadaya think :Y: or :N:

I don't want to rain on your parade mate, but I really don't think that golf buggy will cop the punishment, they just aren't meant for heavyish weights and rough ground.
Aussiefarmer came up with a fantastic wheeled rig, the pneumatic big tyres are much better for this sort of application.
Have a look here https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15476

If you don't have a welder I'd be happy to pop down with my mig.

Thanks for that OP :Y: but I have cut 1 of these types of buggy down before to carry my "Hobie Revo 13 kayak" that weight in at about 30kg's fully equipped, dragged that up and down some pretty rough and sandy tracks with no real problems, bottom axle bent a little bit , but that could be fixed very easily.
Yeah I saw Aussie Farmers design and really liked it, but it takes up a lot of space.
We have a 15 ft van . a dog, a wife and all the junk that goes with that, in the back of the "Jackaroo" there are no seats, there is a large storage draw, a 60 litre fridge, chairs and the dog, so space is at a premium, so is weight.
It's all a work in progress
cheers Keith

All on the back burner atm my left knee is not being conductive to very much physical activity, waiting for the cortisine injection I had yesterday to kick in :N:

You'll be right mate, the bloke who taught me to pan only had one leg, he reckoned it gave him an advantage in the icy cold rivers.

Is the banker all up and running with the new pump?

Occasional_panner said:
You'll be right mate, the bloke who taught me to pan only had one leg, he reckoned it gave him an advantage in the icy cold rivers.

Is the banker all up and running with the new pump?

Pretty much, just need to cut the lay flat into 5, 10 and 15 metre lengths and get the joiners
All pretty compact , sluice weighs about 6 kg's, layflat hose about 5kg's and the pump is just on 6kg's so I think I can fit the into a back pack and carry it a couple of hundred yards, just need some suction hose really and a wheel chair to get around in :D

kazzgem said:
A bag trolley works well for transporting buckets. :lol:

That they do :Y: my young blokes look like a couple of old fella's in a time warp carting all their fishing gear down the pier. The golfbag buggy is the go by the looks of that seat :Y:. When you've done enough to feel tired at least you can park up for a breather and grab a seat :Y:.

These types of wheeled carts are great for flat ground, going down hill , but when all the equipment is put in place and then at the end of the day you have to pull this cart up out of a creek and up a bank , it a tough battle....you have to make sure the wheel base is pretty wide then it gets caught in every thing,,,,some time its better to make two trips with a back pack,,,,,,,good hunting ......

Latest posts