Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
golddiggerart said:
Danny13 said:
G'day GDA , pm me if you still want to offload them. Good home assured and appreciated on display!

All good Danny, after reading what Silver wrote it made me think about holding onto them for another 30 or more years to see if one of the kiddies does indeed take a shine and interest to them.

Cheers Mate. GDA :Y: :Y:
time fly's GDA, just pm me in 2047 ;) on a serious note even if you did pm me GDA I would of said I agree with silver and pass them down the family line mate . Awesome coins and nice pics of them :)

Ramjet said:
Why did you assume the rain would mean there "wouldn't be much to gather"?
Detectors work on electrical conductivity and Moisture helps conductivity. Signal will sound clearer in wet soil. :D
I love going out after rain.... apart from the mud of course. ;)

Keep on scratchin that itch. :Y:

A new park rebuilt over the old one, they only finished it in March and I cleared it out the 2nd week it was open, all bark and with the rain over the last few days plus last weekend there hasn't been many people down there. :) :Y:

golddiggerart said:
Ramjet said:
Detectors work on electrical conductivity and Moisture helps conductivity. Signal will sound clearer in wet soil. :D

A new park rebuilt over the old one, they only finished it in March and I cleared it out the 2nd week it was open, all bark and with the rain over the last few days plus last weekend there hasn't been many people down there. :) :Y:
Ahhhh, a well groomed park ,.... you know it so well ! :lol: ,... you can feel its heartbeat and the ebb and flow of its patrons is open knowledge to you :p O:)

silver said:
golddiggerart said:
Ramjet said:

Ahhhh, a well groomed park ,.... you know it so well ! :lol: ,... you can feel its heartbeat and the ebb and flow of its patrons is open knowledge to you :p O:)

Very much so, the coins call my name when it's time to collect, haven't had the call back to the beach because from what I have heard 3 others now do my favourite spots but as winter settles in and the rain and tides wash in I'll hear the call saying (GDA - Ring a ding ding) lol :) :Y: :Y:

So I went out tonight for a quick 5 minutes, it was only a scouting mission as I didn't want to make too much noise on a Saturday night with lots of houses around.

I hit a hill of an old Cricket Pitch/Footy Field which I believe is only used for practice sessions and found lots of trash, it's definitely a day spot because there were broken coke cans everywhere and broken bottles with tops attached that have been run over by a council mower.

Surprising little find and a couple of keys, will be going back to this spot when I have the time to hunt it thoroughly.

1493473619_keys.jpg

The Soldier is a big surprise and in bad shape, has seen better days and looks like he is wearing a kilt?

1493473691_soldier.jpg

The grey area is the metal deteriorating and I can only imagine what it used to look like, not sure what it is made of though bronze or brass maybe? It's a heavy little sucker for its size which is around 3 cms without the head. lol

1493473863_soldier_3.jpg

1493473882_soldier_2.jpg

B5MECH said:
Nice one Gda :cool: :Y: It's a lead soldier 8) you gota go back and find his head :rolleyes: :lol:
You didn't cut it off did you :eek: :lol: :lol:

Nah I never cut it off it melted...lol :) Will be interesting to see if there are any more around?

Same everywhere gda, Council Tractor Mower Drivers just run over rubbish and cut it up n spread it all over, aluminum cans, glass bottles, paper n plastic ,... it would take too much time to stop n pick up as they mow, and too much man power dollars to put a team over each and every paddock before they mow ,.... and it will still take more education to stop the garbage before it begins, the only way to tackle it in reality is to make rubbish have enough worth to average Joe(or Josephine) within their own household that it is worth their while to take it home with them (and that they know it too). :Y: :D :Y:
I like your Scottish Soldier find, it's a beaut ! :p

silver said:
Same everywhere gda, Council Tractor Mower Drivers just run over rubbish and cut it up n spread it all over, aluminum cans, glass bottles, paper n plastic ,... it would take too much time to stop n pick up as they mow, and too much man power dollars to put a team over each and every paddock before they mow ,.... and it will still take more education to stop the garbage before it begins, the only way to tackle it in reality is to make rubbish have enough worth to average Joe(or Josephine) within their own household that it is worth their while to take it home with them (and that they know it too). :Y: :D :Y:
I like your Scottish Soldier find, it's a beaut ! :p

Yeah Silver mate I have seen them in action the bloke just rode over everything then saw me walking with a Detector in hand and stopped/shut off the mower till I passed, as I walked passed he asked if I had a permit to detect and I said of course mate then carried on my merry way. Cheeky little shit, I was going to ask him if he was a ranger but just looking at him I never bothered because I knew he wasn't, so I smiled and walked on swinging the detector. :D :D :D

Nice find mate.

Thankfully the council blokes who look after the ovals I detrect do have a rubbish crew that come and drive around looking for rubbish before mowing with the tractor/slasher these days, they obviously never used to though as there is quite a bit of canfetti around.

Heatho said:
Nice find mate.

Thankfully the council blokes who look after the ovals I detrect do have a rubbish crew that come and drive around looking for rubbish before mowing with the tractor/slasher these days, they obviously never used to though as there is quite a bit of canfetti around.

Been to one park which was absolutely spotless except for the odd $1 - $2 coin. They obviously maintain it well. :)

Decided to go out for a couple of hours to the old cricket ground I scouted the other night.....I know why no one has hunted it before trash and more trash the only good find was a 2 cent coin.
So I left that spot and went to check out the old 1850s spot where I got the half penny and found a few more.....I now know that there was an old house there because of all of the finds, lots of trash but also some good targets.
There are still more targets there but they are deep and I need a proper digger to get down to them, noticed also the half pennies were bouncing all of the place but I dug them anyway.
Detector was set up good so I could only imagine them sitting on the side rather than flat.
Super stoked that I went back and slowly swung the detector over the area, I know there is more there but I will leave it for another day, maybe in the summer when its warmer and I have the proper tools.

1493565296_pics.jpg

1493565314_half.jpg

1493565329_halfs.jpg

1493565352_penny.jpg

1493565368_bull.jpg

1493565427_buckle.jpg

Gave the pennies a quick water wash

1493565458_1943_penny.jpg

1921 Com Half

1493565509_1921_com_half.jpg

1936 Com half which I nicked a little :(

1493565549_1936_com_half.jpg