Detecting around Perth Western Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this too. Pretty sure its an old chainsaw blade?
n1uir8.jpg

256u26v.jpg

tailormarc said:
Heatho said:
be extremely careful keeping any ammo you find that is live.
Thanks mate, just dropped it at local police station yesterday arvo. Really sucked as it was an old one. I only keep legal stuff so all good :)

I agree Heatho,...however, upon close inspection, the bullet appears to be too long out of the throat....my $$ is someone found the two and put them together... either way, just use a bullet remover, take out the powder, and replace the bullet...no longer classed as ammunition...just a relic of a spent era..

Turn the powder into a sparkler for the kiddies...(joke )

Well went back to the WW1 & WW grounds and i had heard there were US soldiers here. Found this shell that had me wondering. Turns out its a US WW2 1942 M carbine .30cal round L C means Lake city florida where it was made. Found a projectile not far away that hadnt hit anything so put them together safe :)
2j0h6p2.jpg

amfep5.jpg

2ngtmcp.jpg

2s8mtzr.jpg

haha i started off by saying i have something in my pocket that i dont want you to destroy . Took it out and gave it to him showing the date. He was suprised and he acually has a collection himself. I said i dont mind if he makes it safe and keeps it as long as it doesnt get destroyed.
Wrote me up a reciept that i handed it in and took a photo of it.

Well last weekend was a good one. Back to the WW2 bunker area.
Found the 1940's "ELOX" babies or young girls bracelet engraved " Rose". Im thinking it might of been dropped by a soldier
14mqnti.jpg

1zb8cd4.jpg

Info i found from someone else reaserching a item they found....
Vintage Aluminum ELOX Chain Bracelet

I had to do a bit of research on this bracelet. I believe it to be from approx 1940's. It is a light weight metal with a coppery or rose gold color.

It is stamped ELOX on the clasp. ELOX is an abbreviation for "electrolytic oxidation of aluminum". A term popular in Germany in the 40's.

ELOX stamped on a piece means that it will not tarnish.

Latest posts