Hello from Central Queensland

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

151OST

Andrew
Reaction score
Hey guys, finally doing some thing with the old gold stick I've had since 2009.. with work commitments, family, house renovations, and not finding the motivation I've call Reedies for a new battery for the the lucky lark and will be committed to actually use this thing for the very 1st time..

I have been reading posts and watching you tube videos and am quite excited on getting out and about picking up some cool ring pulls, rusty nails, maybe a horse shoe or 2, if there are any left; and hopefully in a few months to come some gold.

I'm lucky enough to live in an area that has produced a lot of gold for a lot of lucky people over the century and no matter how much I research the area and look at maps, and graphs, I can't stop feeling an emptiness of where to actually start or even how too. So any advice is good advice, and am happy to hear what you good people can suggest.

Thanks

GOLD STICK (aka Metal Detector)
Minelab GP3500, Lucky Lark
Minelab 11" mono coil
Coiltek elliptical 250mm DD PRO
Coiltek 350mm PRO
Coiltek 450mm PRO
Coiltek 20x40" Dragcoil on sled

Nice! Norman Gardens here, still getting into the hobby as I just recieved my ML pro finder in the mail today...dug out about 30 targets in about 20 mins. Plenty of junk in the back yard with only a few coins. Don't know how I coped before! Lol. With the arrival of my son just a couple of months ago and moving from Gracy things been hectic I tells ya!
How long you been swingin? Do you pan?
Anyway probably yabberin too much so goin.
Take care.

welcome to the group mate, get that detector out and start looking around out in the fields, what you read and watch will start to make sense once you see it in person
cheers
jamie

Hey dirt, I purchased a gp3500 and a trunk load of coils, and boxes of stuff in 2009, the stuff was only used a few times, and thought I'd try my luck with it, but with the arrival of my daughter, running my own business, buying and selling houses, things have been well hectic.. I've always been keen on poking around and looking for different treasures, but now I've convinced a mate to come along, his gpx5000 should arrive on Friday.. Unfortunatly my battery won't arrive from reeds to replace the pack inside the lucky lark, for the long weekend to come, but do have a Minelab Quattro that came with the gp3500 that has just been charged for the 1st time.. So will prob head to bouldy for a bit over the weekend/Monday..

Found another 2 coils in the shipping container 2day, a 600x300 ufo, and a 600x300 DD Pro..

I'll see how I go with the 3500, and if I need a new detector, I will call the boys and find some thing..

Thanks Jamie, can't wait gonna hit an area known for gold, over the long weekend this weekend, I won't be taking my 3500, but a mates gpx5000.. Unless, I get the urge to upgrade, and buy new.. ??
But hope the 3500 performs and works well enough for what I need.. And save my money for trips away, prospecting the country..

Sounds like you got a good start there 15! I only have my ace 250 that I picked up from my mate in cairns for $150 but get coins and obviously all the trash that goes with it. I went to Bouldy not long ago and panned for a short while and ended up getting a few little colours so was a little excited. I need to get back up there but I work a7/7 roster and having a young family is pretty demanding as you know. I'll be following what your progress is but promise I will not stalk haha!
Hooroo for now mate.

Haha Dirt, My mate is 7&7 as well, I'm self employed looking at trying to get to the mines for a few years to help put some money aside, business has been slow for a lot of people around the area, and we have been steady for almost 3 years now, I ain't closing down, just need to get some good money back into the bank.. if I hit the mines for 3 years I should be able to pay the house out, which then leaves more time to speck about.. look forward to talking soon.. later for now..

Latest posts