Advice Required

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Occasional_panner said:
I have found additives to be crap, a mate had a similar rig, and he put new injectors in it, the performance went through the roof and his economy skyrocketed.
When the injectors are rooted you really cop it with loss of power and economy.

I can't argue your own experience, but if they were so ineffective, petrol companies wouldn't be wasting $$$ adding it to our fuel.

One of the major factors in diminished injector performance is gum build up....or worn seals...no leaks, seals OK, still poor power, most likely gum build up... ;)

Diesel Power cleans out from the tank to the exhaust....changing injectors alone will still lead to problems if the lines aren't clean as well...

I have never tried additives to my fuel and I too dont have a lot of faith in them but I am willing to give it a try . I will try almost anything at least once. :p

When I bought the patrol I started to run fuel economy tests on it. On highway use Im getting around 12.4 l per 100 km without the trailer and on my last 2 trips to H.E with the camper trailer behind I averages 16.3 L per 100km.

So it is going ot interesting to see if there is any noticeable change to these figures in the next few weeks.

In heading back to H.E on the 24th without the camper and will be returning to H.E the following week with the camper trailer so it will be a good test.

I do virtually no city driving so i wont be able to compare those results.

8) ...watching for the results...sounds like a good test,...same trips/distance/weights...just the wind differences to take into account, and a skeptic to boot...lol ]:D

Just a query BB...what was the 'advertised' economy at the time of production? You may not be as far off the mark as you imagine...4wd's have a lot more resistance on the road, and due to shape/size...and do you have the service history? receipts? Has the head had any work? etc..

Dave,
Here is a shot of the Patrol and camper with the new boxes installed

1492143611_20170414_133849.jpg

I was a bit worried about wind resistance but as i will have stuff on the roof rack I dont think it will be a problem

I told my neighbour to spray his roof rack with wd40 to drop the wind resistance.

The next day he said "yeah thanks, Mark that really works"

I wasn't sure what to be surprised about. The fact that he believed me or that he thought it worked.
:|

First results with the Chemtech Diesel Power.

Ive just got back from the run to Hill End for ANZAC Day and have topped off the tanks.

With the Chemtech added to both tanks as per directions the Patrol traveled 670.5km and took 75.05 L of diesel to top off

That calculates out to 11.19L per 100km. that is an improvement of 1.21L per 100 km (previous was 12.4L /100km)

Traffic and weather conditions were similar both trips

So at this time it does show an slight improved in fuel economy. :lol:

Latest posts