'Double Edge Ring' button and 'Paris Solide' buckle

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dron

Dron
Reaction score
1491358179_20170405_115435small.jpg

Found these with the SDC2300, pretty stoked.

Button is copper and says 'Double Ring Edge' and is apparently from the mid 1800's
Buckle is apparently late 18th early 19th century http://christiesmetaldetecting.weebly.com/suspender-buckle---stamped-solide.html

Not sure what type of metal the silver lump is, there was lots of little pieces of it near an old broken glass bottle and I didn't want to cut my hands.

I found the exact same buckle near Bendigo recently.
Stabbed my damn finger on it...bloody sharp points.

Some think they were mainly suspenders buckles but most were used as waistcoat side strap adjusters. These smaller buckles are generally not strong enough for pants suspenders buckles.

Hi Everyone,

On the weekend I found 4 more 'Double Edge Ring' near where I found the last one. I nearly have enough to make a shirt now!

I was wondering if anyone can help identify the other objects in this picture,
1492672856_rubbish2.jpg

Number 1 appears to be some kind of vent, it has a row of brass tabs riveted on opposing sides, it is curved ...

Number 2 is a lump of metal it is very light like aluminium ... any idea what it could have come off? I need to get an accurate measuring test tube but it weighs 6.39 grams and displaced about 1/4 teaspoon of water putting it's SG around 5?

Hi dron very interesting.
I found the same button, same harmonica reid and the same buckles. Not to mention similar silver chunks. I thought those silver chunks were and or are silver teeth, or platinum teeth

Yes several 2 hour trips to the same spot. This haul found within 30 square metres maybe less. And there is a lot more.

Latest posts