Victorian Bushfire advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of Monday 24th April all Victorian municipality fire restrictions end. There are currently 6 municipalities with fire restrictions still in place.

Ararat - North & South

North Grampians - Central, North East & South West

Pyrenees -North & South

Always remember fire is a Good Slave :Y: , Bad Master :N:.

Good topic :Y:

For anyone new to the bush,
Theres plenty of scrub in nsw still dry enough to burn , please take care and be responsible, if its crunchy under foot or you can lite your campfire with only a flame onto bush leaves and twigs means the risks are still there.
Even if it has been snowing and raining Dont abandon a live campfire its just bad practice :N:
Next time your fire looks out rake the white powdery ash back and pile the black coals up and fan them if they glow that is enough for high winds to cause issues.

Sorry for the Letcher but 1 in 20 people have no idea :rolleyes:

Great advice and common sense guys.
When l'm bush camping for a couple of days l take a minimum of 20 litres of water to flood my fire remains.
Its amazing that even in the pit l dig for the fire how much water is required to entirely quench the coals.
Cheers guys :Y:

chris11330 said:
Great advice RM, also remember that you only need a big enough fire to keep you warm, not a blazing bonfire! Chris

1493013764_snap523.jpg

Couldn't agree more with all the above advice.

chris, it was a cold night ]:D

RM Outback said:
Billy said:
chris11330 said:
Great advice RM, also remember that you only need a big enough fire to keep you warm, not a blazing bonfire! Chris

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1111/1493013764_snap523.jpg

Couldn't agree more with all the above advice.

chris, it was a cold night ]:D

Billy is the lambs name Souvlaki or Kebab :lol: :lol: :lol: pmsl when I saw that little kritter keeping warm, must have been cold.

Think that one was a pet of my sisters called "lamb chops" ]:D

Well fire restrictions are being declared in some municipalities from today. East Gippsland and Wellington shires have seasonal fire restrictions starting from today 16th October 2017 with the usual end date of 1st May 2018.

So folks take care if your using a fire for any purpose when out and about or around home.

Most importantly remember the following

FIRE = Good Slave :Y: / Bad Master :N:

Here's hoping for a quiet season. Take care and check what's required of you when using fire during the fire restrictions period. Be mindful all seasonal declarations will have an end date of 1st May 2018 until closer to this date.

As of this Friday 17th and Monday 20th fire restrictions are declared for some shires within the goldfields. If your camping out or just boiling a billy it's worth checking the latest and proceeding days fire danger forecasts.

Restrictions are now lifted in the Northern parts of the state as shown on the map, still need to use common sense though until we get decent rain.
1523003095_img_20180406_182336.jpg

In the shire of Mundaring WA, restrictions were lighten from the1st April,

Fire

No bigger than 1sqm

Only between 6pm to 11pm and must be extinguished by midnight

No permit needed. Standard conditions apply :Y:
1523026694_img_20180405_174608.jpg

David

Yes, I thought of all you guys out that way when I heard this on the radio coming home from work.
I hope you're all OK and staying alert, listening to warnings being issued.
Fires move fast and turn with the wind - stay aware, prepared, and be safe guys.
Tomorrow's another hot one coming up too.

Best wishes to all our mates in the GT - let's hope this is under control soon.

Regards,
Megsy

Get in boys their is gold in tham their Hills lol

Serius burner offs are good for gold

I hope none hurt in fire

Latest posts