today's find with my gofind 60

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
silver said:
caparobertsan said:
Thanks all! :Y: :Y: :Y: I am not sure what other coins, I should find now :| :| :|
1&2$ now, so you can upgrade your detector. :Y:
Yeah, a guy from XP detector agent told me to do that! SO I can buy a Xp deus from them.
But for some reason, I am not that thrilled finding modern coins...... I feel like I am working! But when I saw a guy in S.A. beach he found more than $60 in matter of 1 hour! He showed me his pocket. I was jealous then! I could not believe that! It was like someone used coins as fertilizer! Maybe I should turn down the sensitivity all the way down so I can hunt those shallow targets!

I was watching you tube and came across Darren Barns. He hunts on the beach with very large coils finding gold rings! My detector cannot do wet sand just scream all the time! :N: :N:

My daughters go-find 40 runs quite well on wet mineral sand but she has to turn the sens down a couple of notches, even my 705 won't run flat out on wet sand.
Most vlf's will struggle a bit so drop the sens and you'll be supprised. Darren Barnes has a video of himself using one on a noisy wet beach and is quite impressed.

Daggy

caparobertsan said:
silver said:
caparobertsan said:
Thanks all! :Y: :Y: :Y: I am not sure what other coins, I should find now :| :| :|
1&2$ now, so you can upgrade your detector. :Y:
Yeah, a guy from XP detector agent told me to do that! SO I can buy a Xp deus from them.
But for some reason, I am not that thrilled finding modern coins...... I feel like I am working! But when I saw a guy in S.A. beach he found more than $60 in matter of 1 hour! He showed me his pocket. I was jealous then! I could not believe that! It was like someone used coins as fertilizer! Maybe I should turn down the sensitivity all the way down so I can hunt those shallow targets!

I was watching you tube and came across Darren Barns. He hunts on the beach with very large coils finding gold rings! My detector cannot do wet sand just scream all the time! :N: :N:
XP is a good detector , ctx has a large coil , good for beaches Cappa but is slightly heavier than the XP. The 705 is also s good detector

Daggy said:
My daughters go-find 40 runs quite well on wet mineral sand but she has to turn the sens down a couple of notches, even my 705 won't run flat out on wet sand.
Most vlf's will struggle a bit so drop the sens and you'll be supprised. Darren Barnes has a video of himself using one on a noisy wet beach and is quite impressed.

Daggy

Ok I will try it next time! Thank you! :Y: :Y: :Y:

Last Thursday find at a park and another park! My second Florin ever! And Interesting badge from another park which is related to WWII and Anzac day.
1492988732_img_20170422_102120.jpg

1492988732_img_20170422_181025.jpg

Good looking little hunts Capa ! :D
must be getting a good start on your silver collection now hey. :Y:
8) :p :cool: :cool:

WOW !!
That HP is a ripper :D
Ive never seen one before
Gonna have to google that right now
Congrats to you Capa , its a real prize :Y:

Sandta said:
WOW !!
That HP is a ripper :D
Ive never seen one before
Gonna have to google that right now
Congrats to you Capa , its a real prize :Y:
Look up Brittish half penny. :p

Thanks all!

Yes it is just English Half Penney! When I saw it popped up I was so happy but when I went home i googled it was just common half Penny....
Yes That florin was strange.. it was in the morning and my first target was that one. It was first swing as well! I could not believe it! It always happen to me. As soon as change the location and first target is a good one. Yes that 1918 silver is a good one! :D :D :D :D !!!

I just came back from hunt again....... I think I am getting tooo serious and this is addictive! Metal detecting junkie!
1493011962_img_20170424_145437.jpg

3 x 3 pences
2 x Roo Pennies
1 x comm haldf penny.
1 x half roo penny.
3x 20 cents
2 x bullets
2 x 5 cents
few BBs
A button nothing special but it has name so I can google it....

If on common ground that is grassed, you shouldn't be rippin in with the shovel Capa, n no matter how addictive the hobby, you have to cut propper plugs in the ground that fold back keeping the grass on one side uncut so that it will recover properly once you fold it back over into place after the target recovery
I think Upside has done a good thing to bring it to attention, so that it may be addressed if need be.
Maybe you could allay our fears Capa in relation to your photo
1493016554_1493011962_img_20170424_145437.jpg

when we are finished digging a target and walking away from it, there should be hardly any sign visible that we have dug at all, be it in forest, on beach (sand back in hole), and most especially on any type of lawn Ior parklands, anywhere at all really. :D
edit in of shortcut to digging techniques.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11178

Pulling some some nice coinage out of those parks Capa, you are now well and truly addicted! Haven't had one of those ship hp's before either, always see the UK detectorists groan when they get one (ie. Too younger coin). :D

caparobertsan said:
Thanks all!

Yes it is just English Half Penney! When I saw it popped up I was so happy but when I went home i googled it was just common half Penny....
Yes That florin was strange.. it was in the morning and my first target was that one. It was first swing as well! I could not believe it! It always happen to me. As soon as change the location and first target is a good one. Yes that 1918 silver is a good one! :D :D :D :D !!!

I just came back from hunt again....... I think I am getting tooo serious and this is addictive! Metal detecting junkie! https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/9305/1493011962_img_20170424_145437.jpg
3 x 3 pences
2 x Roo Pennies
1 x comm haldf penny.
1 x half roo penny.
3x 20 cents
2 x bullets
2 x 5 cents
few BBs
A button nothing special but it has name so I can google it....

You are killing it Capa. :Y: :rainbow:

Cartridge cases look like a 45 ACP and a 303, a little unusual in a park if you ask me, recently developed area with a long history of activity?

Latest posts