Ramjet's detector finds for 2017. . XP Deus.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eldorado said:
Daggy said:
Some interesting finds there RJ. I can't quite put my finger on the spiral auger bit but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.
The one to the left is a drift, probably brass, you can see the mushroomed ends from being hit.
Hey Daggy,what is a drift?

In metalworking, a drift pin, drift pin punch, slave pin, simply drift, or even pokey bit is the name for a tool used for enlarging holes, or aligning holes prior to bolting or riveting metal parts together.

Eldorado said:
Daggy said:
Some interesting finds there RJ. I can't quite put my finger on the spiral auger bit but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.
The one to the left is a drift, probably brass, you can see the mushroomed ends from being hit.
Hey Daggy,what is a drift?
A Drift is something you hit hard and everything goes sideways (mushroomed) lol Cheers.

Ha, plenty of BB's like targets at tomorrow's patch mate, though some of them will hopefully be silvers.... Don't expect a cakewalk. :D

Last silver I got there was a florin though!. :)

Heatho said:
Ha, plenty of BB's like targets at tomorrow's patch mate, though some of them will hopefully be silvers.... Don't expect a cakewalk. :D

Last silver I got there was a florin though!. :)

Oh shite! Don't tell me that Heath.I can dig plenty of BBs here. LOL See ya in the mornin.

Ya'd recon someone would check PA while having lunch (if they even stop for it I spose) :rolleyes: ,.... must be a hoota of a dig happening ! :party:

Haha, well we had to have a fly of Rod's drone as well. Finds started coming pretty fast, I got onto a predec coinspill after about 10 mins, there were 6 penny's in one hole. I also got a few goldies, 2 threepece and a little heart shaped silver pendant/charm type of thing.

We had a pretty good morning all in all and was really great to catch up with the fellas. :) I've flogged this area over the past year or so and it was good to see some old coins still coming out of there. Still it's a big area and there is probably still plenty of good stuff left amongst the trash.

I'll let the other guys post their finds to keep you blokes in suspense . Though one thing Rod did get was probably the other half of this florin that I found about a year ago...... amazing. :D

1493268415_20170427_142007.jpg

1493268356_20170427_142021.jpg

1493268356_20170427_142722.jpg

Latest posts