Beach metal detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So on page 52 of the manal book , it says the coil is waterproof up to 20 inches. I have the goldpack coil.

I have heard the gold pack coil isn't waterproof at all.

Does anyone know please?

Generally the coils are waterproof.

From the Minelab web site.

According to Minelab, waterproof means it is submersible to one meter, making it ideal for shallow water hunting.

The X-TERRA coils that are considered waterproof include the 6-inch concentric at 7.5 kHz, the 6-inch Double-D at 18.75 kHz, the 9-inch concentric at 3 kHz, the 9-inch concentric at 7.5 kHz and the 9-inch concentric at 18.75 kHz.

1493020659_x-terra-coils-comparison-table.jpg

Ramjet said:
Danny13 said:
Ramjet said:
Smoky bandit said:
Danny13 said:
CTX or deus
CTX...There just refurbished xterra 705s..with a price mark up :Y: :eek: :D {) {) {)

CTX is overrated IMHO :D
The CTX is underrated :p

Over priced
Over rated
Over weight :p
overpriced compared to an alditector RJ , over rated - heaps of sites rank it as number one, and besides Heatho , Sinhoff and Sandta would probably disagree with you RJ ( help me out guys it's me vs the world ) over weight , not compared to a GPZ or sov gt or if your in a wheelchair {) :p {) :p {) :p {) :p :lol: :lol:

Smoky bandit said:
Danny13 said:
Smoky bandit said:
Danny13 said:
CTX or deus
CTX...There just refurbished xterra 705s..with a price mark up :Y: :eek: :D {) {) {)
Are not smoky , they have other magical powers :p {) :lol: :party: {) ]:D ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I heard they have a quick release coil Dan :eek: :eek: ]:D ]:D :D :p :p :p :lol:
Ah yeah correct , found that out last night , did not realise it has a drag coil option . The ctx continues to amaze everyone that can use it properly :lol: :lol: :lol: {) :( :eek: :lol:

Ramjet said:
Generally the coils are waterproof.

From the Minelab web site.

According to Minelab, waterproof means it is submersible to one meter, making it ideal for shallow water hunting.

The X-TERRA coils that are considered waterproof include the 6-inch concentric at 7.5 kHz, the 6-inch Double-D at 18.75 kHz, the 9-inch concentric at 3 kHz, the 9-inch concentric at 7.5 kHz and the 9-inch concentric at 18.75 kHz.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1493020659_x-terra-coils-comparison-table.jpg

But the 10x5 that comes with the gold pack is only water resistant according to that chart.

Not what the instruction book it comes with says!

Danny13 said:
Ramjet said:
Danny13 said:
Ramjet said:
Smoky bandit said:

Over priced
Over rated
overpriced compared to an alditector RJ , over rated - heaps of sites rank it as number one, and besides Heatho , Sinhoff and Sandta would probably disagree with you RJ ( help me out guys it's me vs the world ) over weight , not compared to a GPZ or sov gt or if your in a wheelchair {) :p {) :p {) :p {) :p :lol: :lol:

Bahaha. Yes I have heard many, many people rave about the CTX. It rules over all the other detectors that they have ZERO experience with. Between the CTX, At Pro and Deus which I own.... if I could pick only one it would be the Deus. The CTX for the beach maybe.

All great machines. Just frustrates me when so many people say "It is the BEST" when they have never used the others. End of Rant. LOL

Danny13 said:
Ramjet said:
Danny13 said:
Ramjet said:
Smoky bandit said:

Over priced
Over rated

I'm not getting into it mate. :D I choose my battles wisely these days. ;) :p

I'm up against them on Thursday, 2 deussesess against the 1 CTX, could be an interesting outcome. :D I've pulled a lot of silver coins from this site, probably 40 silver rings too and 4 gold rings. Gotta still be some nice treasure there among the trash.

All in good fun mate. They'll probably pillage the site. :lol:

Heatho said:
I'm up against them on Thursday, 2 deussesess against the 1 CTX, could be an interesting outcome. :D I've pulled a lot of silver coins from this site, probably 40 silver rings too and 4 gold rings. Gotta still be some nice treasure there among the trash.

All in good fun mate. They'll probably pillage the site. :lol:

I will have the Anchor, (AKA CTX), in the car and the At Pro as well. :D

Latest posts