Minelab Gold Monster 1000 tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upside said:
Are minelab claiming this machine out performs the gpz7000?

Ive not seen anything to suggest that claim from minelab or anyone else?

Some more info has been etched out on the 1000 .

Go to detector prospector forum .
Thread by Reno Chris titled Vegas Gold Show .

Follow the instructions and you can view all interviews or just the Minelab interview .
The Gold Show was run by GPAA over 2 days .

Cheers
goldrat

At around one grain wt. or under the Gold Bug 2 iron check is unreliable. It will show target is iron most the time, when its a one grain or under nugget. If you can call that a nugget.

PhaseTech said:
The GM will do a lot better than a 0.1g bit.
You would think so. The tester doesn't mention at what depth he couldn't pick up the 3 grain bit which makes it a bit irrelevant really.
I'd be expecting gold down to 1/2 grain (0.03 gram) or even smaller in the right ground at 45khz.

Great report though.

For those that don't know, Kevin Hoagland is the star of Gold Trails, and used to work for Minelab and was a prospector well before that. He certainly knows his way around a gold detector.

I was going to buy one of these......But it looks just like a upgraded go find......So not to sure now :|

I thought if anything the report was a decision maker in the affirmative for me.
The price is right as well.

The jury is still out on this GM1000 for me, if it will detect down to 1/2 grain and work decent on medium ground I could be interested, I am wanting to replace my aging Gold Bug 2 with something a bit more automated and higher tech soon. We will know soon enough, there should be some reports,field tests from owners by mid May. The detector certainly comes with a lot of accessories.

That's the RRP? No "special price" advertised I've seen?
At the end of the day it's a reasonably basic high frequency VLF so I don't see anything special about the price at all. It's priced & aimed at a specific market. It isn't something that it's not ;)

It is just that a VLF, but has auto sensitivity and auto ground tracking it will not replace dedicated gold PI's and the Z but will suit people with a budget and no experience and lets face it thats how Minelab are marketing it. Like mbasko said it is what it is a high frequency VLF. Still interested how this machine runs with maybe some of the Z's ground balance algorithms? maybe

I recieved this email earlier today, so it looks like i won't be seeing the new detector until the start of June.

"Hi,

It's Rachel from Miners Den Australia. Thanks for placing your pre-order for the Minelab Gold Monster 1000 metal detector. I'd like to advise you of a delay in delivery, we have just been advised by Minelab that stock may not be available until the end of May/ start of June.

Please be assured as soon as we have a further update regarding availability we will be in contact and will endevour to get your new metal detector to you as quickly as possible.

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact myself at anytime.

Kind Regards,

Rachel Hunter

Digital Communications

Miners Den Australia"

Damn that SUX!!!!
You would think minelab would be a bit more organised, hope they don't delay them longer.

The very day of it's release and they email you that!
They would have known they couldn't supply on time weeks ago.
That's pretty bad service.

Looks like at least another month till we get some field reviews in Oz :(

Latest posts