Suggestions on a harness for a SDC2300?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a back pack to carry essentials & food + water bladder, with every detector (SD2200d, SDC2300 & GPZ7000) I use a hipstick & a bungy, for me it gives me better control over the swing & I can detect all day even in 42 deg + conditions, I also carry my pick in a hammer holder on the left shoulder strap so I have 1 hand free & the pick is up out of the coil field as I am short.
cheers
Lee

Sorry to bring up an old post but. Mrs Wishful was having trouble swinging the sdc today and tonight I hooked up the sdc to my 4500 harness with the bungy cord and it just floats over the ground. So looks like we need a harness or a sky hook :)

The SDC is not a balanced machine the weight is all out the front, to make things more comfortable & therefore better concentration I highly recommend a bungy.

Bare in mind I don't detect for a few hours here & there, when I get out it's for a week of 8 to 9 hours a day no matter how hot it is so every bit makes a huge difference over that time.
cheers
Lee

I bought the Minleab harness (think its called Pro Swing for the 4500) and got the extra minelab plastic thing (long bent arm) that clips to the harness strap and then clips into the belt...with this comes a plastic bit and you attach the bungy to it in the centre of your chest.....the weight then sits between the two harness straps and this effectively throws the weight of the SDC onto both hips and you can adjust the bungy to get the right height off the ground. Sorry I cant post a pic..am overseas at the moment.

With this set up I have walked around for 6-7 hours. In the battery bag at the back of the harness I insert a small first aid kit. I also attach my pick and my pin pointer to the harness belt plus a pouch fro a water bottle.

When I am kitted up I look like I am ready for combat. :)

Latest posts