FUGGET!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And once again lady's and gentlemen we have the opportunity of delight in seeing that 10cent piece.

How about we get a look at the reverse side dam it :Y: :D

I was PMSL reading this post :lol: :lol: :lol: ......... until last week when I joined the TRUE deep fugget club. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I poked around Moliagul for a couple of days for nought. Then on the last evening I was making my way back to the caravan when I got a soft but strong "different" signal. HELLO this sounds nice I thought. Daylight was running out so I didn't buggerise around & took 100mm off the surface. BOOM. Much louder & stronger.
I looked around & although I was within sight of the monument there were no diggings within 5 meters. Down another 100 in really nice looking gravel & BOOM BOOM. Sounding better still & now in hard packed undisturbed gravel. Fast forward 45 minutes in near darkness down on my stomach with the pinpointer going nuts.
No room to swing the pick so scraping half a cup full of gravel at a time with the tip of the pick. It's got to be right under this rock that I can't budge.
My resignation from work is all worded up in my mind & I'm trying to decide what colour to order my 200 series SAHARA L'cruiser in when I spot a spark as I scape the pick on the "rock". :eek:
I spin the pick around & the magnet confirms the worst. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
With the pick in the hole the head is flush with the surface of surrounding dirt. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I'm a stickler for filling in dig holes but.

It was dark & I was totally stuffed & it would have taken me another hour to get the target out. What I could see of it was about 150mm long, cylindrical & disappearing off into the hard packed rock on the other side of the hole. I had to go home to work first thing in the morning so I left it there uncovered so some other poor bastard didn't dig it up again.
What the hell is that doing in undisturbed dirt at 600mm :brokenh:.
I just hope it wasn't the barrel of a bush rangers pistol with a bag of gold beneath.
If anyone is curious go have a look 300 meters beneath the monument..... I guarantee it won't be hard to find the hole.
Take a crow bar, bigger pick than I had, a drink & a bucket of energy bars.

Rob.

:| dam it !!!
2 more for the collection :|
Were both in the same hole Thank God Chuck Norris for that :lol: 600mm give or take .
1511671955_img_20171126_153834_082.jpg

Was very exciting for almost an HOUR dam it !!

Did you forget your 10c Piece Mate. ????

dam it said:
Were both in the same hole Thank God Chuck Norris for that :lol: 600mm give or take .https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6727/1511671955_img_20171126_153834_082.jpg

Tathradj said:
Did you forget your 10c Piece Mate. ????

dam it said:
Were both in the same hole Thank God Chuck Norris for that :lol: 600mm give or take .https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6727/1511671955_img_20171126_153834_082.jpg

:eek: No way can the Sacred 10cent be placed on the floor :lol:
You and RM want it all ( me ... me ... me ... me ) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: ;)

Patrick1 said:
Dug a beautiful Fugget 3 feet down today with Martymoose, And BigWave. Reward was.......... VIC BITTERS CAN.

The fuggets are truly a cruel cruel barstid thing to suffer from.

I have dug a few at 3-4 feet deep and I can honestly say there is little difference in the pain endured from digging fuggets as there is from having a 6 inch nail slowly banged into your skull over the same timeframe.

:brokenh:

I was poking around down at Kingower last month and got a faint signal with the Zed, it was up against a really large, old dead tree in a worked area. I dug down about a foot and the signal got very strong, the ground also started to really harden up like it had never been dug before. I chipped and dug for a further half an hour or so, the signal getting stronger with every check then I came across a tree root about a foot across. I didn't measure the hole but it was getting down a bit, well over two feet I would estimate and the signal was centering on the tree root. I then dug down another 18" on each side of the root so that I could clear the dirt from beneath, it was very hard going as the dirt was extremely well packed, I was starting to get a really good feeling. With my last scrape under the root I hit something hard, really hard. After a bit of effort I managed to pry out a piece of steel about 6"x2"x1/2". I don't know what it was in another life but for now it is my latest fugget and one that had no right to be where it was.

1511752613_hiding_place.jpg
1511752636_lost_and_found.jpg

Had to join the thread.
I found this wedged way under the rocks in the first picture.
I was with my son and we were picturing the scene from the comedy movie "the nugget"
still it was good while it lasted.
cheers Scotty

The Curse of the FUGGET :| Got me Again !!!
So on the Labor long weekend meet up got a CRACKIN signal :eek: Sounds like :poop:
But dig it anyway 8.( dam it wish I didn't As we do :lol:
The Concrete I mean ground was as hard as !!!
Big Quartz wash 100-120 mm well worn & rounded :D Looked Great , Kept smashing my pick into the hole :lol: & the hole Laughed at me :lol: :lol:
:poop: It was hard ground signal POPPIN An blanking the GPZ out :eek: WOW I thought :playful:
Sweating & Breathing heavy while being Brutalized by swarms of March Fly's , Scraping the hole out :awful: ARRRR Arrrrr
Sliced hand on sharp Quartz :awful: Now I,m bleeding was well :rolleyes: More March Fly's Oh Yeah :lol:
At about 350mm its outta the hole :cool: Oh wow thank you Chuck Norris .
Right then Andy & Adrian drive up " Hey Guys :Y: :Y: "
And watched me recover this :lol: :lol: :lol:
1552543295_img_20190314_1634211.jpg

UN BEEPING BELIEVABLE :( :|
30 minutes to dig that FUGGET
5 minutes chatting with the spectators :D :Y:
1 minute to Back fill hole :Y:
2 minutes walk back to camp , Shacking my head saying I Knew it :lol: Yep seen that one coming I knew it :lol: :lol:
Its not Funny :lol: :lol:

Latest posts