Wireless headphone information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found that deteknix do a set called WR3 Lite, does Nenad get these in as special orders, or Would I need to get them Outside Oz?

Yes I can get the Deteknix transmitters in 3.5mm or can just solder a better quality 3.5mm plug to an existing transmitter.

Hi Dave,

The WireFree Pro and WireFree Lite headphones are both available with 3.5mm (1/8") transmitter.

I usually only stock a few of the Lite headphones as the Pro version is so much nicer and better sound.
The Pro's are $228 +post
The Lite's are $140 +post

Price includes the wireless transmitter, which is normally 6.35mm but 3.5mm is available on request. Getting them in is usually only a 5-7 day wait.
I do have 1 x 3.5mm transmitter at the moment.

Hope that helps

Nenad

Ok, so if I bought the Pro,s can I buy just the receiver by itself?
That way I could go from headphones to speaker, or different headphones.....sorry Nenad.....

No, in the headphones the receiver is built in, you can't plug anything into them. Maybe best if you gave me a call.

Nenad, ordered a set of Pro 6 headphones, please check your e shop inbox,

Thanks Dave.

I would prefer to have the sender unit with a 1/8 size jack for the QED, but will see how this goes, its gonnna stick out a bit with the adaptor.

davent said:
I would prefer to have the sender unit with a 1/8 size jack for the QED, but will see how this goes, its gonnna stick out a bit with the adaptor.
How about a 90 degree adapter from jaycar, I have that issue but haven't managed to try the fix yet :Y:

WireFree WR - this is the wireless kit, transmitter and receiver units (no headphones).

This is great for people who already have their preferred set of headphones or booster/speaker combos but just don't wish to be connected to their detector. Also great if you wish to use earbud phones which generally have short flimsy cables.

My review -

So I bought one of these 'sets' from Nenad at Phase Technical a little while ago but not used it as I wanted some 'Noise canceling' headphones to use with it - some Sony's came up at the right price recently and for the light weight they work really well.
First charged both Transmitter and Receiver, plugged it all up to my ACE 250 today and tested with the Sony's.

WOW, they are great, responsive and the 'noise canceling' phones just make the tones so clear.
The phones work so well, but the biggest bonus - 'wireless' means no tangles, no wires, and practically no weight, no bulk - the wireless is fast, no difference to when I hear a tone direct from the Detector speaker as it passes over a target. But with the wireless and headphones I reckon I can discern more targets by sound.
Did I mention you can control the volume on the Receiver ?
I am kicking myself for not using the wireless kit sooner !
AND it can be used on our 505, other Ace250 and even the CTX3030, it is so portable.
LOVE IT !

Kato my daughter went over her Grandfathers yard so many times and I have scoped it too.
With the phones I found more targets of coins deeper and amongst rubbish signals, that I she did not find before with her CTX.

The transmitter is so small and light it is not felt at all.
They pair sort of like a 'bluetooth' but so fast you just turn them on and go, and the connectors give you flexibility to have ANY size at either end, if you need adapters,
go to any Jaycar, take the set and purchase STEREO adapters to size up or down, I got mono and need to go back and buy Stereo - too easy, a couple of dollars only.
ANY stereo headphones or use your ear plugs, just works great.

Thanks Nenad. :D :Y: :Y:

I've hooked my wireless set up to my Bose QC25 headset. I have this when traveling for work and was amazed, until the battery went flat in my phones, at how good the noise calling was.

Got rid of the wind and other background noise that allowed me to hear very feint targets.

With the SDC I'm always scrapping and to be able to not get tangled or fear stretching cables was great.

I do find if the distance is more than half a metre between the sender and receiver I hear it disconnect for a fraction of a second, so the range isn't great, but a slight shift tends to take care of it.

Very happy with this concept.

My Sonys were a catalogue offer from AusPost and charged via mini usb, lasted for 6 hours so far no recharge,
they are light dont fully cup the ear but very happy with them so far.

Hi everyone. Well i was just wondering if anyone had tried to use bluetooth headphones on a 4500 or 5000 useing a bluetooth transmitter dongle that plugs into the detector. Would it work . ?

I have the wireless Detech phones from Nenad on my 2300. I have tried them on my 5000. But it's a little pointless whilst I'm tied to the detector via the battery curly cord.

To gain complete disconnect form the detector, I would need the mini battery and cover to hold it :)

BTW they work great on the 2300

something like this ??

1530346619_p1010225.jpg

Latest posts