Fine Gold Recovery information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A gold wheel might be a cheaper option. Gold cube works well also. If you are just using a HB then the volume of concentrates may not justify shaker tables or wave tables.

Hi everyone
I am Jessie i am a newbie here. Just got into mining not too long ago, i need some pointers on mining flour gold, if anyone have a great knowledge of mining process pls give me a few pointer to the machines that is suited for flour gold mining and technics. Thanks all

Iv found really small peices of gold lately and Im finding it time consuming trying to seperate this fine gold from the gravel. Panning is what im currently doing to try and seperate it. Im still learning how to pan aswell and this isnt helping either. Is there a easy way of extracting the gold other than panning as this is slowing me down from unearthing more gold.

Theres lots of ways and they all take time , if its fine gold use seives reducing in size i have 12 different size meshes the finer you seive the less material you will need to pan, also look into mini sluices with ribbed mat i use one sometimes and its much easier and more enjoyable than panning , or blue bowls which work great but you still have to seive it to get yhem to work 100%.
Search
Mini or clean up sluices
Blue bowls
Miller tables
Seive sets

Are you finding enough to make it worth the effort? If I'm only finding a couple of little spots in the pan, then I tend to throw the last 1/2 cup or so of gravel in with the rest of the cons and keep sampling. It's usually easier to deal with fine gold when you have a reasonable amount of it :) .
Make a note of the location and then try either side of it or deeper before you go on just in case you're on the edge of a good spot, then work your cons when you get home. As other people said, sieve it down to the size of gold you're getting and then use a small pan with a tablespoon to a cup or so at a time (personal preference on how much) or one of the various recovery appliances. Personally I like a miller table for flour gold and a small cleanup sluice for minus 1/8 (about 60 mesh if you're buying sieves i think, though don't quote me on that) gold.

20xwater said:
google 'desert fox'.

20xwater , 2 years ago I purchased the 25" Keene's gold wheel . Unfortunately heart failure has prevented me from using it . Still packaged up brand new in my shed . About 6 weeks ago I was invited to a friends home to look at a Desert Fox work , boy I was impressed . That night he processed 5 buckets of concentrates for 37 grams of gold .He suggested I buy next size up , the pro camel 18" for processing concentrates quicker.
I think I will do this as I believe I could handle this compared to the Keene's 25" .
Have you ever seen the pro camel 18" operate .

Cheers
goldrat

goldrat said:
20xwater said:
google 'desert fox'.

20xwater , 2 years ago I purchased the 25" Keene's gold wheel . Unfortunately heart failure has prevented me from using it . Still packaged up brand new in my shed . About 6 weeks ago I was invited to a friends home to look at a Desert Fox work , boy I was impressed . That night he processed 5 buckets of concentrates for 37 grams of gold .He suggested I buy next size up , the pro camel 18" for processing concentrates quicker.
I think I will do this as I believe I could handle this compared to the Keene's 25" .
Have you ever seen the pro camel 18" operate .

Cheers
goldrat
na, only seen on youtube. thought I would suggest it.
I can separate even flour gold from black sand in a pan pretty easy. there is a way!

Latest posts