Minelab Pro Find 25 tips, settings, question

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have got one the same and in the field it has been a bit temperamental. Sometimes it beeps at thin air and other times it wont beep at all. When it plays up I hold down the plus sign until it ramps up and then take it back down (negative button)...this seems to stabilise it. I find with mine it does not have much range (distance) for small targets but goes wild on the bigger stuff.

Good luck :) :)

I am a bit sad though that I did not do a bit of research before I bought the pro find, it seems a lot of people prefer the garrett pro point at, might have to look into it.

Boertjie said:
I am a bit sad though that I did not do a bit of research before I bought the pro find, it seems a lot of people prefer the garrett pro point at, might have to look into it.

The Garrett is a second-generation product, but the Minelab is first generation. Garrett have clearly learnt from their earlier pinpointer model and applied the lessons to the next one, as may have competing manufacturers who came to the market later and learnt from existing manufacturers.

Unfortunately, Minelab are still selling their same old product, which although usually reliable from what I've heard, is getting pretty long in the tooth for an electronic gizmo in today's marketplace.

Mate this may be a stab in the dark but check the destructions as I think if it's not active it keeps emitting a beep .................. it's if you lose it or walk away pretty sure it keeps making a beep at regular intervals until battery goes flat. It may be this "don't lose me" feature that your hearing ?
:Y:

After three minutes without use, the PRO-FIND 25 will begin to beep so
that it can be located if left behind. After five minutes of beeping it will
turn off.

I have turned it of and left it for a while, so I am going to go and play with it again now and see what happens, thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated. :Y:

Ok so I tried it again and now it is working like it should, don't really know what is going on... Will keep going...

If you turn it on and it keep beeping... Usually because there was metal or some electronic nearby and it can not GB... So goes into the beeping mode.

That is a warning that it was unable to initialise on startup due to interference.

Repaired enough of the First edition Garrets to know that they have issues... Second generation are a bit better... But they also have issues and like the earlier Garrett have issues with wet salty sand. People often have to drop sensitivity and GB at startup to use on Wet salt sand. Fresh water (as per their adds) works 100%.

And all PinPointers have Pros and Cons... I Like my Profind 25 / Diver and the Whites. Others are Good but some have Performance or Features OR Price that are deal breakers for me.

But like I say, NO one size fits all; just like Detectors.

Thank you Guys, I appreciate the help, it seems like it is going ok now, so will keep on using it and see what happens... :lol:

As AM said, ground balance it when turning it on by touching the ground with it, there will be 2 beeps when you press the button, wait for the third beep before moving it away from the ground. Then if it still false signals you might have to turn the sensitivity down a notch or 2.

Mine had issue since new. Many times will not give the 3rd beep...need to reboot.
Also goes dead and wont turn on unless i loosen the cap and re-close it.
The first generation excuse is poor. Minelab could have invested more to make the
first pinpointer a product worthy of the brand.

My Pro-Find 25 has been falsing a a bit lately and getting progressively worse. Its reached the stage now that I can only use it in its lowest setting. If I increase the sensitivity it keeps chirping even if Im waving it in the air. Looks like its time for a new one.
The Xpointer Pro with the internal lithium battery looks interesting. Anybody used one for any length of time?

yes mine doing the same or ive got to give a tap to get it working but because they have superseded they weren't really interested sending back to minelab ( ps.its a fair age and cop a alot of use, and they have been really good with every think else ,) hibut i would be going for something rechargeable , but in say that, i brought new minelab one the 35 and I'm happy with it

Yep well out of warranty bought it in 2014. Still workable....but doesnt sound off till its practically touching the target.
Rechargeable seems to be the way of the future. My Pinpointer is the only piece of detecting gear that requires me to buy batteries.
The Xpointer Pro seems to tick all the boxes... lithium battery, pulse induction, submersible. Just looking for some feedback from somebody who has used one for a while. The only negative thing Ive noticed on YouTube, is that it seems to require a button sequence procedure to alter the sensitivity whereas the Minelab has the + - buttons.

Each to their own, however if you learn to pinpoint signal with your coil before digging there is no need for the added expense of a pinpointer.
So many Youtube videos where you it is plain/frustrating to see/hear where the target is but up down up down in hole with pinpointer. ;)

Nightjar said:
Each to their own, however if you learn to pinpoint signal with your coil before digging there is no need for the added expense of a pinpointer.
So many Youtube videos where you it is plain/frustrating to see/hear where the target is but up down up down in hole with pinpointer. ;)

The only reason people keep going up and down with them is because they are not using them right, and set them up so they can locate things 3,4 and 5 inches from the target which is stupid because that's what the detector is for,

I use the older Whites one because it can see really small bits because it is a high frequency unit But it also has a rotary control where you can fine tune it to zoom in on a target, It is that accurate that I can zoom in on the head of a 1 inch panel pin 10 times out of 10 and an 1/8" away from it it won't make a sound, As with detector 99% of people are afraid to turn the Gain down which is what you are seeing in those video's.

J.

Latest posts