Easter Trips & Travelling

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am heading up Gympie for a one dayer on Sunday then spending a bit of time relaxing around the pool up at the sunny coast at the in laws having a brew.
Brad

Hi wishful. Hi headsup. Mate im in vict and for the first time for a long time im here without a detector. I'm in Mildura on a flying trip. Havent yet regretted leaving the machine home but i'll keep ya posted. See how it pans out. Mrs TD and I are here on a mission.

To busy digging today mate, took some newbies out today, they drove all the way from Sydney to mudgee just for the day! Great pair of lads. Got a nice picker for them. And let them keep what ever came out of my banker. They ven offered to pay me.... but it was the smile I was chasing to see when I did a clean up for them. Priceless :Y:
And taking Roy and his grandson out sunday.
awsum weather we have had. Cant ask for any better.

Awesome generosity Mudgee Hunter, its good to see that there are people out there helping the newbie's. I met a bloke near the Adelong Falls who was kind enough to give me some time in explaining where to look for gold on the inside bends, we all start from the beginning so when someone passes on info it lets us pass it on. On another note, I was harassed by a drone near the creek, sounded like a swarm of bees as it went passed, hope it liked my bird. Does anyone else have these encounters or is it mine related.

Yes wasnt impressed, going to do some digging there later this morning, am keen to head up Mudgee way later in the year when I have my Highbanker finished, I have a pump which is pretty heavy so might sell it and get a lighter one. The pump was a firefighting pump I inherited from clients and I dont have Simpsons Donkey. lol :)

Me,
I am in The Pilbara.....No not Prospecting ......
Working as always.....

Have fun doing whatever you do this weekend but please do it safe ....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Bogger said:
Aidanhyde .................... I'll probably be in the Maine (Castlemaine that is not Carslemaine as many call it :D ) some time over Easter but only problem is I'll be mowing my mums lawns :( and the only nuggets I find will probably be from the dog sadly. Hope to get up to Bendigo to the Rod Nationals if I get time. Bit of a shame as growing up in the Maine have a lot of mates that own good land that hasn't been picked over ...................... well not with detectors at least ;) But enjoy your time as the Maine and Bendigo area have plenty of good spots and as they say the thrills in the hunt the gold is just the icing on the cake .................. and nice icing it is :Y: Bendigo will be chockers I should imagine with the Rod Nationals being on :Y:
ps Don't want you getting lost ...................... you go UP to Bendigo from Melbourne across will see you in Adelaide :D :D :D

ps to ps ..................... are you bringing detectors on plane with you ? I ask as did a flight recently with one and they the airline literally broke my nuggets over it :mad: Admittedly I did want to take it as carry on luggage but they hit me with everything from oversize to battery capacity. Let us know how you go :Y:

Haha, not the greatest nuggets to stumble across;).

Yes we had to do a bit of research/ calling around for accommodation for the few days we are there :(...not sure what the place will be like...but it's a bed :).

I've never had an issue with taking mine on a plane...I always pack it stowaway with no batteries :). My drone on the other hand gets a few questions regarding batteries and what I use it for :/.

Tis a shame your not free, my mother and I will be out all day... maybe around eureka reef ( unless you have a better suggestion? :)).

I wasn't going to get enough time off work to get a trip in to the goldfields, so went for a 3 day camping & trailbike ride in the southwest with some mates. Saturday midday & we are merrily tearing down a rocky gravel pine plantation track (being careful, no jumps or adventurous stunts), the guys in front suddenly slow down for a cross-road, faster than expected, & I get a bad case of compression lockup & maybe a touch too much front brake. Well it all went south from there.
2 days in hospital & im sporting a new raft of screws, plate & rod in my right shoulder, 2 minor rib fractures & a small bruise to my right lung.
This was supposed to be a bit a casual easy trail riding
OUCH :poop: :awful:

Latest posts