Canberra area looking for gear

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone in Canberra area point me in the direction of any places to buy equipment such as pans, sieves etc.

Closest place I've found is batemans.

Cheers

3DDevil said:
Sorry I cannot help you other than say that Aussie Disposal Stores sell pans. But I recommend getting the Garrett Super Sluice Pan. IMHO they are the best pan.

http://www.garrettaustralia.com.au/15-supersluice-pan/
I'd advise getting the pan kit, they all have a special use, the gravity trap is awesome and the finishing pan completes the lot :cool: :Y:
Pretty sure Batemans bay would be your closest, there's a miners den in Parramatta if you get to Sydney
Online sales might be the easier way to go ;) postage should be cheaper than the petrol costs
http://www.garrettaustralia.com.au/deluxe-gold-pan-kit/

I started out with a couple of those cheap black pans from Anaconda in Fyshwick,they are not the strongest or best pan but they will get you started.Take a trip down to The Bay and see Brad at Detectaden,he will sort you out with some great gear.I recently bought a copy of the Garrett super sluice pan from there it is called a Boss Hog pan ($25)it seems to be a pretty reasonable pan.Welcome to the forum Rosswab.
Edit.Sorry B5,typing at same time.Brad has those Garrett panning kits,great advice from B5 there Rosswab.

Yeah Brad at the Bay is great, very helpful, and the Boss Hog pan, they're good.

I looked at getting a Boss Hog pan and decided instead to buy the Garrett as the Boss Hog pan doesn't have the dropped bottom and the Garrett is stiffer and feels sturdier in the hand.

Hey mate, id recommend looking around online to and comparing prices. Iv bought almost all of my stuff from Lost treasures up in qld.
Good prices. ships out same day and really great advice! also miners den SA great advice too.

Latest posts