Old coin find with whites sst

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all just a newby here, thought I'd share a coin I found with me whites sst at a old no longer used train station that was built in the 1900s.
Nice little find it was but unsure on how old it would be

1492131162_img_1509.jpg

1492131162_img_1471.jpg

Bit of value to it as well Jaspy.There is one the same on eBay for sale for $35.Nice find mate,well done.Welcome to the forum.Put a post up in the "introduce yourself "section and just let us know what sort of things your into,eg.sluicing,highbanking,detecting for gold or coins and relics.

Yer 2 metres after getting the detector out bam there it was but not a single thing after that one.

Well today I found some info it was more a advertisement for a company in little Collins st was made around 1910, for such a old coin it's held its shape beautifully

Nice find, on Trove there is a mention that in 1936 the company merged with another from Sydney, and had been trading for 16 years. So the age of the token could fall anywhere from 1920 to 1936. :)

Awesome info goldpick it's always good to no some of the history in what we find.
I also got info of my grandfather that a bullet I found along the coast is pre world war 2, has markings from being fired to

Latest posts