Camp area at Long Bush Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron

Ron Ludwig
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I'm treating myself to a holiday and heading interstate to Tarnagulla Vic with my caravan (non off road) in 2 months.
Looking at a map of Long Bush Goldfield, this area has a camping ground off Centre Dam Rd. Does anyone have any info about this? It will be cooler & wetter so access & also security are my main concerns. I note the Reserve in Tarnagulla.
I assume that 5 Mile Creek generally carries water at this time of year for panning & high-banking?
Anyone interested in hooking up?
cheers

Very few creeks will have water in them unless there has been consistent rain for a couple of weeks. This area is primarily detector prospecting.
The reserve at Tarnagulla is the Football oval and has not been used for sports in several years. There is an on site caretaker, the toilets and shower block are what used to for players and spectators and are ok. The showers are gold coin operated. There is a water tap just outside of the caretakers place where you can fill jerries to carry to your van. Last year it was $5/night.

I'll be there in mid May for a few weeks, but my van has an ensuite, so I'll fill from the tap. Generators are ok to use (time consideration for others) There's a small pub in town, the P.O. sells milk and bread. Nearest servo is at Dunolly and a small IGA there to. Nearest major town is Maryborough, all services there and about a 20min drive.

PM me if you have any other Qs :)

Re the Longbush camp, I have had a look at this area. There are absolutely no facilities, it is a small open area next to a dam, which last year had little water in it in September. There are a few diggings about a km to the west.

The road in is ok to the turn in, but has been chewed up into the camp. I've only seen a horse drawn caravan stay there for 1 night and although I have a 4x4, my van is not off road. I will take it into state forest camps, but not this one...

I will be checking this area out next week,,,,
i have driven through here in the past but never detected.
Yes the camping area offers no facilaties at all.
I went there to check out the old volcano in the area and you can see evidnece of where it was.
Its a very interesting area to explore

Latest posts