Gem & Mineral Prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All.

Can anyone help me? I am looking for an area between Geelong and Ballarat to prospect or pan for Gems & Minerals.

I due to get married on 24th April and would love to find the perfect gem to use as a wedding ring rather than buy one from a store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jayse

Hi Jayse,

I think that you have been watching too many shows on 73Mate. It's not that easy and I understand your idea but you might end up waiting far too long for that perfect stone. There is always the internet with various sites that you could find the right stone.

Happy hunting :) :) :)

Doug

Lol... You are right I have been watching recordings of Prospector on 7Mate. I was hoping there might be areas that I could dig and pan for gems.

its possible but in that time frame but you better have some awesome luck ;)
I say go and dig but start working on your plan B maybe even pay the deposit mate , if gold and gems rolled out of the hills like they do on TV they would be that common they would be rocks ]:D

Welcome to the forum and all the best for the pending wedding.

Unfortunately there's not much in the area you are looking at- Some Chert, petrified wood and very, very small sapphires can be found at Morrisons in the creek. There's also gold that can be panned there.

Not enough to make a ring and the gem-stones that you find in the bottom of the pan are really small.

Good sized chert can be found but it isn't really a stone worthy for your lady.

Latest posts