Just bought new detector coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
Being new to all this prospecting business, only been doing it for a few months since I was talked into buying a second hand GPX5000 series. Well I went into the place that sells chainsaws and a few minelab detectors at Ballarat to buy a new pick (holy cow $100 !!!!) only to find myself going crazy and bought a new coil called a new evolution 19 x 7 and that cost me a whopping $500 !!! (holy crap!!). It better be good. I have a whole heap of older style coils, DD's elliptical ones, various sized "nugget finders" etc etc. The salesman said that this one will do a better job than all the older types. Well, I took it for a tryout in the backyard and the noises it made nearly drove me deaf. I want to go and try it out in the near bye gold fields, but before doing that has anyone got a suggestion on the settings for this whizzbang coil? and whether or not I did the right thing. I was led to believe that this coil will go deep for both big and small nuggets, is very sensitive and locates accurately albeit near the centre of the coil and NOT the edge. ..........alex(graybeard77)

19x7 evolution?

Not a 14 x9 is it?
Great coils. Turn your RX gain down a bit, swing it slow, just above the ground, very sensitive coils.

Latest posts