Help identifying some junk.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dron

Dron
Reaction score
1490831179_20170330_103243small.jpg

1490831203_20170330_103342small.jpg

1. Could be a belt buckle maybe?

2. What are these bits of wire from? I find them everywhere! Always small lengths like this. They are not magnetic.

3. This had a small bend of wire attached which broke off when I was cleaning it.

4. Has two small lengths of chain attached.

Thanks in advance.

# 3 is the top of a safety pin , 4 could be half a cuff link , 1 looks like a plate for the heel of a shoe
thanks Brett

Hi Dron,

No 2, they look like endless screws. Made out of brass, comes in a roll. We used to use it to fix cracks in rifle stocks in the military. Cut a lenght off, put it in your hand drill and screw it into the hole you drilled into the stock, cut off excess and file remainder down. Those bits look like the cut offs.

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Hi Dron,

No 2, they look like endless screws. Made out of brass, comes in a roll. We used to use it to fix cracks in rifle stocks in the military. Cut a lenght off, put it in your hand drill and screw it into the hole you drilled into the stock, cut off excess and file remainder down. Those bits look like the cut offs.

Cheers

Doug

Endless screws - I learnt some thing right there, thank you RH62

Greenhornet_au said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Hi Dron,

Cheers

Doug

Endless screws - I learnt some thing right there, thank you RH62

Never knew they existed. I've only ever dreamed of them ]:D

Yeh Phil,

We used to have a lot of the stuff in the RAAF but I haven't seen it for years (been out for 17 years now) :( . These days I just use extra long brass screws and cut the excess off. The stuff probably disappeared when we got rid of the SLR and got the Steyrs which have plastic stocks.

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts