Detecting around Perth Western Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Marc great finds and thanks for sharing. The reason most are secretive is because they want to keep their find area to themselves OR they are somewhere they shouldn't be.

I have looked long over that general area and I am glad you found someone that was accommodating to your request to search within their property. Just be mindful that unless they are the actual Tenement Holder and you are within a live tenement you are still breaking the law. The permission of the land owner does not override the tenement holder.

There is a lot of actual live tenements and the National, State Parks which are all 100% no go detecting zones. I trust you checked all this before hand. Not trying to be a kill joy, just be aware that you may have unknowingly broken the law. If this is not the case and you are all in the good zone kudos to you for taking the time to get out and find what you have. Those crystals are very impressive.

Liked your photos also, we have a few things in common it seems. I was on a photography forum you were/are on many years back. I was one of the moderators :)

Take care

Westaus

Cool finds dude :cool: :Y: bet your glad you got marooned now hey :D
Glad you found the site and saved another piece of Aboriginal history 8) :cool: :Y:
It's a shame others would have destroyed it for their profit :mad:

Westaus said:
Hi Marc great finds and thanks for sharing. The reason most are secretive is because they want to keep their find area to themselves OR they are somewhere they shouldn't be.

I have looked long over that general area and I am glad you found someone that was accommodating to your request to search within their property. Just be mindful that unless they are the actual Tenement Holder and you are within a live tenement you are still breaking the law. The permission of the land owner does not override the tenement holder.

There is a lot of actual live tenements and the National, State Parks which are all 100% no go detecting zones. I trust you checked all this before hand. Not trying to be a kill joy, just be aware that you may have unknowingly broken the law. If this is not the case and you are all in the good zone kudos to you for taking the time to get out and find what you have. Those crystals are very impressive.

Liked your photos also, we have a few things in common it seems. I was on a photography forum you were/are on many years back. I was one of the moderators :)

Take care

Westaus

Hey Westaus!
Yep im always on Tengraph and even if here is something a bit " grey" i ring DMP and landgate then get it in writing to back myself up :)
Yeah im looking for relics but i have spent some time panning and digging for gold in area around Toodyay with no luck. Rumours are that there is still gold there though

I took the 705 back out over the weekend. This time i was lent a Garrett propointer and wow! The pro pointer is a must!!!! Time to buy my own. I fould the usual crap, pull tabs, screw caps. Only notable finds were a sinker and a cone peice from a pot smoker haha

treated myself. Sould cut the time searching through holes down alot
2hhd28h.jpg

When I looked at the cases I saw that the item far right had crimp lines along it, the length is also strange for 577, that leads me to suspect that it may be a 577/450 case,
these were a later format by only a few years from the 577 snider. they did have a solid case as well as a foil rolled case which is what the items appear
to be in your photograph.
Also to find so many cases over such a wide area leads me to suspect that is where a standoff may have occurred with police which carried the 577 and 577/450.
VERY interesting finds. :Y:

Could it be a 577/450?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.577/450_Martini–Henry

Oh yes.. we are still shooting WW2 and earlier 303Brit ammo, when it appears and is of no collectible value. ;)

tailormarc said:
1830's-1860's black power .577 snider rounds.
http://i68.tinypic.com/2rpwnxe.jpg

Greenhornet_au said:
When I looked at the cases I saw that the item far right had crimp lines along it, the length is also strange for 577, that leads me to suspect that it may be a 577/450 case,
these were a later format by only a few years from the 577 snider. they did have a solid case as well as a foil rolled case which is what the items appear
to be in your photograph.
Also to find so many cases over such a wide area leads me to suspect that is where a standoff may have occurred with police which carried the 577 and 577/450.
VERY interesting finds. :Y:

Could it be a 577/450?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.577/450_Martini–Henry

Oh yes.. we are still shooting WW2 and earlier 303Brit ammo, when it appears and is of no collectible value. ;)

tailormarc said:
1830's-1860's black power .577 snider rounds.
http://i68.tinypic.com/2rpwnxe.jpg

Thanks for that info! I never thought about a stand off and that makes sense!

Found this old marble. Not sure how old or if its anything special...

332z5o9.jpg

This one has me stumped. I found this inside the old Generals quarters. Must be military . Does anyone know what it it? Its very small and thin but pretty sure its brass
s67ivq.jpg

Mate, just want to let you know to be extremely careful keeping any ammo you find that is live. I you don't have a firearms license and you get caught with ammo the police will charge you for posessing ammo without a permit.

Anyway nice finds.

Heatho said:
Mate, just want to let you know to be extremely careful keeping any ammo you find that is live. I you don't have a firearms license and you get caught with ammo the police will charge you for posessing ammo without a permit.

Anyway nice finds.

Thanks mate, just dropped it at local police station yesterday arvo. Really sucked as it was an old one. I only keep legal stuff so all good :)

Latest posts