Nundle or Mudgee

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyperscott

Scott
Reaction score
Hi PA members

looking for some where to take the family over Easter.

The young guys wants to find crystals and gems, Im partial to a both and gold or other minerals.

what would you recommend Nundle or Mudgee. I see browsing the forum that people have found a mix in both locations.
Though I would like your opinion of whats the best place for the family.

thanks

Scott

Hi Scott
I would go to Nundle if you want to camp it has amazing spots along the river/creek and if you want caravan camping park it would have been the best Ive ever stayed at,the small town is amazing and caters for tourist.

Up in the pine forest which is very cool you can dig all day for coloured stones best part is you will definitely get some.

Also in the forest there is amazing history with the circus that use to go there in the olden days.

So much to do so much to see it certainly is a little prospectors heaven gold zircons and so much more.

Kids will sleep well at night after a day in the forest digging
K-M

Also a bit of panning in the creeks. To top it of it is still a bit on the warm side there up in the pine forest its pretty much on the cool side no sun easy digging.

Sounds good guys,

Will look into getting time off an booking the trip I think.

Plan will be to camp. so will look into the tourist park there.

Will have to lookinto finding these spots on google earth to be a bit prepared i think.

Thanks

Scott

This link should help with that Scott. Click the "our data in google earth" when you get to the page and it will load up an overlay in google earth that shows nearly every known mineral deposit in NSW, it has geological maps, field observations and crown land maps too. It takes a while to learn how to use but is well worth it.

http://dwh.minerals.nsw.gov.au/CI/warehouse

LoneWolf said:
There was also a few posts made on Nundle about 3 months ago on here..... but I can't find them...Grrrr

LoneWolf...

Yet that is what drew me to nundle or mudgee. I guess I was being hopefull with mudgee being alittle closer:)

though a pa member posted about their trip with the kids and finding it rather easy to find crystals in nundle.

Looking forward to it

Heatho said:
This link should help with that Scott. Click the "our data in google earth" when you get to the page and it will load up an overlay in google earth that shows nearly every known mineral deposit in NSW, it has geological maps, field observations and crown land maps too. It takes a while to learn how to use but is well worth it.

http://dwh.minerals.nsw.gov.au/CI/warehouse

Thanks Heatho, will look at this and see what I can map out.

ill have to dig out my State forests pass. hmm or see if i can re print it.

How the world turns..You know my old man used to take us camping slash fossicking in Nundle when we were kids mate.Im now pushing 50 and am still digging.Tomorrow on the creek I might spend a little longer smelling the roses because my childhood was great with the adventures we had with dad.Hope you guys have a great weekend no matter where you pitch the tents.

Latest posts