Repellant for mossies

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't tried this but I trust this store... From my experience if they stock it then it should be good.
http://www.survivalsuppliesaustralia.com.au/products/debugger-spray.php
images

Some plants found at home and their oils used for insect repellents are thing like: mint, rosemary, lavender, citronella

Permethrin or DEET are insecticides used for clothing but I don't know anything about if people have had reactions/arregies to it, so check that out before using them: ( it may be available as a pure chemical on shelf even in woolworths near ant killers )

At the moment I spray my headlight hat in Bushmans and wear a hood and it seems to keep them away from biting my face/neck, They buzz around my but haven't been stung yet as there not game enough to land on me
And rub some on my hands
Bushmans, deet, not sure about neem oil but works on ticks
Maybe a citronella wash but it might ruin the washing machine and your missus will kill you before the mozzies :lol:
Debugger spray looks the goods too

LC76 said:

Permethrin is the active ingredient of Cislin that when I used to work for a local Pest and Weed control company we used to spray on external and internal walls to control most insects, at the concentration that we used which was 100mls per 10 liters of water was good for around 9-12 months. I sprayed the outside of my house and inside my sheds last night. Leave any spider webs undisturbed for a few days. I even spray the inside of my car. But please put sunblock on first, wear safety glasses and a wide brimmed hat.

Mosquito Yard Spray

Ingredients :
Big bottle of cheap blue mouthwash
3 cups of Epsom salts
3 stale 12 Oz bottles of cheap beer

directions:
Mix these three together until salts are dissolved.
Spray anywhere you sit outside, it WILL harm plants or flowers.
The mozzies will be gone for approx. 80 days.

As for spraying yourself or your clothes I am not sure what the reaction would be but like anything new that you use it is always advised to apply a little to an area of your skin to test for a reaction before you apply it to your body or clothes. ;)

Mix some specially prepared glitter in with your sunscreen and apply liberally.

The glitter will repel everything if it has an holographic image of Rocky Horror Ramjet on each speck :D :D :D

Found this one.

Lavender Vanilla Mosquito Repellent Ingredients:
  • 15 drops of lavender essential oil [/*]
  • 3-4 Tbsp of vanilla extract [/*]
  • 3-4 Tbsp lemon juice Distilled water [/*]

Directions: Pour first 3 ingredients into an 8 oz spray bottle Finish filling bottle with distilled water Shake to combine ingredients Spray on skin or clothing.

And this...

Ingredients:
  • 16 oz of rubbing alcohol[/*]
  • 3.5 oz of whole cloves [/*]
  • 3.5 oz of baby oil or another type of oil (almond, sesame, chamomile, lavender, fennel etc)[/*]

Directions: Place cloves in alcohol and leave to infuse for four days, stirring every morning and evening. After 4 days, strain the alcohol into a spray bottle and add the oil Shake well before use Spray onto skin or clothing

Mosquito and Tick Repellent Ingredients:
  • 6 oz witch hazel [/*]
  • 2 oz castor oil [/*]
  • 5 drops cinnamon oil [/*]
  • 15 drops eucalyptus oil [/*]
  • 15 drops citronella oil[/*]

Combine all ingredients in spray bottle Be sure to shake well before each application

Midges, sandfly and mozzies we use equal parts
eucalyptus
Dettol
babyoil
Shaken not stirred in spray bottle :Y:

tropical strength rid or aerogaurd.
There is a famous fishing spot up here called shady camp......that place on dawn or dusk, it dosnt matter what you use, because, they bite through your shirt, trousers and the stuff put on your skin. You just have to put up with them for a bit.
The safest place is in the aircon, they don't like the cool air.

davent said:
tropical strength rid or aerogaurd.
There is a famous fishing spot up here called shady camp......that place on dawn or dusk, it dosnt matter what you use, because, they bite through your shirt, trousers and the stuff put on your skin. You just have to put up with them for a bit.
The safest place is in the aircon, they don't like the cool air.

Might be worth trying the ultrasonic mosquito repellers, some of the pharmacy's sell them. Ken.

I can live with a few bites, you do actually get used to them, they only itch for a day or so, after a few hundred, your body builds up a defence, same with sandfly's. The southern ones are worse IMO.

Word from a few lads that have been prospecting for over thirty years that tried this stuff reckon it is the best they have ever used :Y:
Just waiting on some to give it a try .................. no deet and all natural appeals to me. Can handle the mozzies it's the midgees get me as you don't know they have bitten you till after.

http://thelocals.net.au/