⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batmaximus said:
Can anyone help with angles or water flow rate (will i learn it as i go).

Although i don't sluice myself, i have been informed that from one end to the other on a 1.5m length should be about 30-50mm drop....

ymmv.

GGA

GypsyGoldAu said:
Batmaximus said:
Can anyone help with angles or water flow rate (will i learn it as i go).

Although i don't sluice myself, i have been informed that from one end to the other on a 1.5m length should be about 30-50mm drop....

ymmv.

GGA

Thanks will give that a try??

No worries Batmaximus...it will of course depend on your 'flow' rate, and the sort of material your processing..not one of those 'one fit fits all' situations i'm sorry..but hey, half the fun is in the learning,...the rewards 'only' come from what you 'know' & apply, so perhaps begin there and raise or lower as your circumstance reveals.. :Y:

Gypsy

Got out and run my banker the other day
1489901619_img_20170319_151413_650.jpg

Mungoman said:
" rock walls are just vertical bedrock
Anyway, this old Fella says yeah, that'd be right. That rounded gold comes from further up the river, but the rough stuff comes from halfway down Hanging Rock.

Dad says what do you mean, and this
I suppose the old Diggers theory could hold water Jum - afterall, they do say gold is where you find it, and why can't gold be weathering out of a cliff - curious though that the nature of the gold Does change around about there. Eh.
Thanks for the encouragement Mungoman. This dream concept of mine might come true real soon then. My parents are up that way n was goin up to Inverell in April to try for sapphire. Was up nundle way recently whilst learning pans at Christmas. Pretty sure hanging rock is in NP is it?Give me a month or so. I'll have some pics up of me on a rope out exploring for reefs. A bit of fun anyway. Thanks again that was some great beta about the swamps. Wasn't expecting an "X marks the" but thank you. I am looking for people who have any further knowledge on shoalhaven back waters n anything on past experiences well into the gorges. Get your pan on!! N Shoal me the money.

1490320021_20170322_204145.jpg

Earlier in the week certain aspersions were cast as to the quality of the rivets and bends in my sluice. i would argue that whats far more important is the quality of the dirt youre pouring down it.

checked out a few spots a mate told me about around Cotties creek

good heavy gold up in cotties for sure, the crevassing there is amazing. thats where i hosted the VIC PA Camp in 2015. nice colour

Latest posts