12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Well finally back out in the fields today, took a bit to get going and was only out for 1 hour. just needed to condition myself back into it lol. You guys know how it gets when you are working dense bush scrub areas and the shoulder takes that extra work.

Anyway it was a great hour out, really felt like I was back at home.

I will post up the findings a bit later if not tomorrow for you all to see.

Cheers MG

Hey MG :D
Glad to hear your back out enjoying the goldfields again.
1 hour is better than none ;)
Cant wait to see how you ventured!!
]:D

They musta camped on the gold in the olden sardine tin days MG, without realising it fully (to your advantage now then) :Y: O:) :Y:
Can just imagine old cobber havin a welcome feed a sardines after a long hike in n just throwin his empty tin down (over gold) and then just up n away, continuing on his trek in search of gold. (ha) :lol:
A case of "ya beating him by getting there late" ;) :Y: .

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, its funny because I also use to do this in my early days. An old rusty can broken into many pieces deters a lot of people. Our biggest advantage though is we have found it which means no one attempted to search that area before.

You can approach it in many ways to obtain the results. Rather than trying to guess, as seen there ok let me go back some steps. After 15 years detecting I finally found that target, some people dont look at it like that they would just take every target as it comes. But I always tell myself it has taken 15 years to find it, so why just presume its all rust. It might have only taken 40 minutes that day to get to it, but really it has taken all of your years to end up at that particular piece of the ground.

So 5 minutes work or even 10 minutes is well worth the efforts. So we have a sardine can on the top scattered, we could simply get each target as we get through them remove and verify, or we could even rake or scrape that area to scan for deeper response, and then go through the scraped pile to ensure no surface gold.

Or if we get those areas of high trash, I simply have a strategy where Im not writing that area off, and over time I will get the targets out, so I choose to dig 5 loud surface type signals and then 5 deeper response signals. Thats just part of a strategy I use, so we always no thats our junk patch for when things get quiet.

Cheers MG

well done mg. great to see you back, don't take no notice of the nay sayers we are all sooooo greatful for your input and freely shared knowledge in what is traditionaly a closed shop for newcomers. great find it just goes to show you never know if you don't find out ayh. we went back to smythsdale from wednesday
till today.i gave the old prospector back his pick, but i will write about that on my post. robyn found a nice .54 gr little piece and we had a good time, thanks mate.jim

Glad you gave that pick back Reynard!!
It was giving me the heeby jeebies :lol: :Y: :Y:

MG, :D
Fantastic vid as usual!!! :Y: :Y: :Y:
Damn :eek: , the person whom was eating outta that can must have been sitting right on top of that nugget!! :lol: :brokenh:
Junk patches can still provide good gold ;)
Well done mate!!!!
:Y:

Hey Guys,

Just another battle through the junk windows - one junk area was roughly 2 meter x 2 meter and it kept me going for about 1 hour or so. It was a nice junk patch though rather than just rusty objects which were that deteriorated I couldnt distinguish what they could have been. This hole of junk had various metal objects, some odd shaped lead, pieces of tin and some old nail heads.

I was thinking maybe a previous operator dropped his weekly finds but the depths were not all surface so it was fun digging them all out, and lead me towards some better targets in the end.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-ovliOLKHA[/video]

Enjoy, Minelab Gold

Thanks HH,

I have something on the cards coming up soon and cant wait to share it with you all. Its something I have never done in all my years detecting, always wanted to but never had a really good reason. After some further investigation and assessing the area, it just makes sense why it should be done.

The small adventure should be exciting for all you guys and especially if it proves some good results. Like they say nothing ventured nothing gained.

If it doesnt prove any results then at least I gave it a crack. And can share it with you all - obviously if the challenge and results are shared with you all it will again open up some pretty amazing things for you all to consider or implement on your hunt.

Regards, MG

Hey MG, :)
Fantastic vid as usual!! :Y: :Y:
Ohh, :eek:
The plot thickens.....

What could MG have up his sleeve's now???
I for one am very intrigued. :Y: ;)
Looking forward to finding out though ]:D

Well done MG, have a funny feeling that sardine eating digger may well have dropped that little nugget from his pocket , wouldn't he be pissed off :-(

Anyway good to see you in the field , Laz and I have 3 days booked in Castelmain over Easter with the family so will be doing the rounds.

Cheers and Stay safe mate.

madhatter said:
Hey MG, :)
Fantastic vid as usual!! :Y: :Y:
Ohh, :eek:
The plot thickens.....

What could MG have up his sleeve's now???
I for one am very intrigued. :Y: ;)
Looking forward to finding out though ]:D

Hi MH,

When you guys see it you will all say what took you so long. Im really excited about it though

Just need to make sure I pack my elbow grease and determination in my bag. Actually thinking of that I might need a few bags just to be safe. Hopefully after they are emptied I can fill them with some good stuff Hah.

Ah, we can only hope but even if it proves different like I said it will be a fun experience to share with you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts