High banker matts ,einie menie minie mow

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rusty_G said:
Haha, good thread guys. Aussie I reckon you made a great decision and will reap the benefits for sure. If it looks a bit Frankenstein that's makes it interesting at least right haha. All the best putting it together, can't wait to see more pics and hear how it runs for you!
One thing if it looks Frankenstein, is being one of a kind should make it less likely to be stolen and if it is it should be recognisable.

aussiefarmer said:
Rusty_G said:
Haha, good thread guys. Aussie I reckon you made a great decision and will reap the benefits for sure. If it looks a bit Frankenstein that's makes it interesting at least right haha. All the best putting it together, can't wait to see more pics and hear how it runs for you!
One thing if it looks Frankenstein, is being one of a kind should make it less likely to be stolen and if it is it should be recognisable.
Ive started referring to mine as Frankensluicy :lol:

Stru said:
Goldigg, any advice on how deep to have the water flowing through the 10inch river sluice over the dream mat? I know it might depend on the strength of the current...lets say the current is not that strong so to clear the dirt you need to have the water a couple of inches deep (removing the nice ripple/bubble effect) - still ok?

I was very impressed with dream mat on my first crack last week. One picker 0.15gm and 74others specs from 1 big bucket. Caught the dirt coming out the other end and found no gold when that was panned:)

definitely will depend on the day mate, water force, how muhc sand you feed how often you feed etc. the goal same as any other system is to make sure its active and exchanging, so with the cells material will be dancing around, too much angle it will sit up the top half of the cell stagnant, not enough that's ok but you will hold alot of material. you'll find the tolerance is very wide open.

i always shoot for a min few inches over the cells it keeps them clearing fast

I posted a video up for a customer the other week, showing how i control feed rates when dumping form a bucket with lots of water.

it might help might not haha

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxMCWfAFFA0[/video]

Probably another question with no one answer but , With a high banker whats the range of water depth ?
1 inch to 4 inches ?

I can see me increasing the hole size in my spray bars as the water fall off the end of my banker was only about 1 inch thick ,
but i will have to wait and see when i test it .

i am about half way through the referb of the big girl , finished my new grizzlys last night and got the bottom run extension folded today , it all takes time when i am averaging 2hours a night , been taking pics as i go.

Probably another question with no one answer but , With a high banker whats the range of water depth ?
1 inch to 4 inches ?

I can see me increasing the hole size in my spray bars as the water fall off the end of my banker was only about 1 inch thick ,
but i will have to wait and see when i test it .

i am about half way through the referb of the big girl , finished my new grizzlys last night and got the bottom run extension folded today , it all takes time when i am averaging 2hours a night , been taking pics as i go.

1 inch of water over the cells is good but can handle more mate. We've tested up to 6 inches of water blasting through. Ran an extention sluice to catch losses that was 6 feet long and did get some losses mainly due to the downward force holding way too much material down. When you angle you sluice that aggressively to release the pressure the you bring it back in line. For example 16 degrees was a good angle for a system we ran after a concentrator in a sand mine ik victoria. It had a 3 inch outlet belting water out.

Definitely that's the indicator mate. Think of it like the bottom half of the cone when you lose power there something needs adjusting.

Look foreward to seeing how you fellas go. Weve got heaps of rain today all my sluicing tubs are full so ill be sluicing some material and using some new cameras to document whats going on for everyone

The banker conversion is coming along nicely :Y: , out till midnight lastnight got it 90% done , the dream mat is a good snug fit and looks sexy :lol: ,
very keen to give it a test run but wont get time for a week or so and the adhesive sealant i used last night stops me today. :(

Another teaser :lol:
1490498767_img_20170326_121624_854.jpg

Every system has pros and cons , to swap matts would be a 5 minute job normaly , the cutting and modifying i am dribbling on about is to simplfy the classification process on the top deck of my banker .
What breed of banker do you have mudgee hunter ? I have seen a few moulded type sluices

Latest posts