Lost Bangle

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a slightly desperate plea. My name is Lucie. I lost a silver bangle of great sentimental value on Sorrento Bay Beach on the Mornington Peninsula on Wed March 1st. I was told someone regularly uses a metal detector on the beach there but I have no idea how to contact them, or what they would do with such a find. I live in Sydney, and was down there visiting, so it's difficult to follow this up. Can anyone help me with any suggestions please.

Lucie, that's a bit vague , There are are a couple of beaches in Sorrento. There is what's called the "back "beach which is the surf beach and then there are a couple of beaches that are on the the Port Philip Bay side.
So which beach are you talking about.
Then we'd need to know the approximate area that you think you lost your bangle, and was it high up on the beach or in the water.

The more detail you can give us the better chance we have of finding it, IF it hasn't already been found
cheers Keith

If you could find the area on google maps Lucie, and do a few screen shots as you zoom in with the most likely area for the bangle centred in the photo, and a desription of the bangle, that might help your would be heroes out a little, they would see from the air where you mean it could be. :Y:
just post the screen shots on your thread here.

silver said:
If you could find the area on google maps Lucie, and do a few screen shots as you zoom in with the most likely area for the bangle centred in the photo, and a desription of the bangle, that might help your would be heroes out a little, they would see from the air where you mean it could be. :Y:

Doesn't she need 10 posts first to post pictures?

silver said:

great idea silver but maybe PM the pictures to whomever as someone might see this and go and get it for themselves..... just say'n.

xcvator said:
Obviously doesn't really want the bangle back, if you're going to ask for help you've go to help yourself as well :N:
I think for newbies it can be difficult to find your way back to the same spot sometimes. :)

Sorry all, I just saw all these answers. Jaros is right, I had no idea how to access your replies. I joined because it was the only way i could see of contacting people who metal detect in that area. I am really delighted to see these responses, as I really would love to get the bangle back. As I explained in an earlier response, I don't know the area at all...I live in Sydney and was visiting with a friend who took me there. But now I have read all your comments, I have asked my friend to give me more exact details about where we were. As soon as she gets back to me, I'll do as you suggest and post location, and also do the google map screen shot. I'm at work today so won't be able to do that until tonight, but I will definitely do. Thank you all so much for your interest and advice/suggestion. Lucie

Hi team, Lucie has replied to my email:
Lucie

11:01 PM (14 hours ago)

to me
Hi Jaros
I only just got home and saw this. Thanks for alerting me. I wasn't sure how to access answers. I'll answer them tomorrow, once I've ascertained exact location from friend who was with me and knows the beach.

I'm very chuffed at the response. Would be great if it turned up.

Thanks again
Lucie.

Hi everyone,

I have tried posting the suggested screenshot of the area of the beach where I lost the bangle, but I don't seem to be able to. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, or perhaps I'm not allowed to....

So here's as exact details as I can manage. We were on the sand at Sorrento Bay Beach, about 50 meters to the right (facing the water) of the baths, about equidistant between the waterline and the bushes behind.

The bangle is a slim silver one, only about 2 mm in width, with a slightly flat surface. One the inside it is engraved Lulu xxxx (4 crosses). I think it has little value except the sentimental.

I hope that helps.

I really appreciate your interest and have all my fingers crossed that someone may find it.

Thanks again.

Lucie

1490691633_screen_shot_2017-03-28_at_6.39.46_pm.jpg

This is Lucie again with another try at posting the screenshot....

Well done Lucie, excellent directions, will be a big help to whoever is looking. :Y: :D :Y:
How do you recon you lost it ?, the circumstances sometimes help in understanding where it could end up ,.... shortened story, such as, " sitting on towel, rain came, grabbed towel and ran to car" etc etc. ;) :D

Thanks so much. Silver suggested I should explain how i lost it. I took it off wrist and put it on my towel when i went in for a swim, and forgot. I shook the towel when I came out, sat on it for a while, then left. So I imagine the bangle dropped into the sand. Hopefully the tide doesn't come in that far......
Lucie

Latest posts