Trina's 1st gold,1st gram(end of a dig)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KIM-MARGARET said:
Good on you guys, doesn't take much to get hooked, my husband bought a 5000 a year ago this week end I tagged along as the digger found my first little nugget first time out, that was it hooked I played up and nagged for 12 months that I wanted my own detector, 2 weeks ago he bought me a new 4800 with 14x9 nugget finder coil really what more can a girl want.

I'm the one planning where we are going now.

Ok so the reason its my nugget is I dug it so I found it. Ha

Enjoy all
Margaret :lol:

hi marg, love every word...congrats on your first nuggy...a girl shouldnt want anything more...gold should be everything :lol: ;)

Not having a dip at anyone directly here :) but,
IS NOT showing pictures of backfilled holes going to see criticism brought down on the ones putting up posts, and is this why only few people post their work and efforts, i would hope that on this forum there is enough trust in each other forum member's to believe that they are doing the right thing, not to assume that NOT posting pictures of backfilled holes means we simply walked away from them.
The first problem we have (and im sure we all agree) with the greens and whoever else thinks that sluicing and banking comes under the definition of "dredging" are not fully educated......why......
because they do not see how banking or sluicing is done, so to simply censor the image of a banker or river sluice being worked (muddying/silting) up water, and hoping that if no-one sees this being done than this dosnt happen.
This is going to lead to the inevitable where someone one, one day, takes a photo of a prospector using his highbanker with dirty water pouring out the end of it and there is going to be a greens uproar about "look at what the prospectors are doing now".
Early education is the key, sticking our heads in the sand and hoping that images of dirty water and guys/gals working a creek dont fall into the greens hands or get publicised is just another way for uneducated people to get the wrong idea when eventually, and it will happen, that these pictures and images see a lot more than just this forum.
Backfilled holes, yep fair enough, i can see the point of that, dirty water, i fail to see how not showing these images, is anything but deceptive, and eventually will come back to take a piece out of our prospecting butts. :(

Lets not all get sucked in to sensationalism, Pictures of dirty water are never going to bring on the downfall of prospecting, Lets enjoy what members are sharing and anyone that wants to have a swipe can do it via PM or through the moderators, So many questions could have been asked and answered via PM before any negative post was posted. The greens etc are NOT going to use members posts to get us out of creeks, Its way easier just to make crap up as we saw with the Hydraulic dredging rubbish earlier this year. All law changes are nothing but here say until they are actually drafted and passed, lets not ruin people threads by jumping at shadows and I implore more members to share their posts, I for one will get behind everyone that does. The forum will only grow larger if its a pro prospecting forum and with that comes a power base that will help us educate others and give us a real voice going forward. Share on.

all's well as long as it doesn't end up like this
1412510533_images6.jpg

That and the fact that manny internet prospectors may try and use your images to find out where you go sluiceing and really hit it hard then all your work has just been for nothing and before you know about it you have a modern gold rush there

Thats the reason why some members can't be trusted because you will always get the odd d... h... that wil stuff it up for you and dig 2m deep holes in the creeks for gold. gold dose and will change people the smart old timers dident tell about how much they wore geting back then to one another for a good reason cos if they did and there find was big someone elce would offten steal it or dong them on the head for it just for gold not worth dieing for these days or back then

You cant change the way you live or the great forum we have just to deal with the odd dh, Plus lets not forget unless you have an actual legitimate mining lease you can never have gold stolen from any "spot" because it just aint your "spot", If you found it someone else could too (legitimately or illegitimately). There are always going to be scumbags trawling through the forum looking to raid "spots" but it's a teeny tiny minority and they are usually exposed pretty fast. Lets all focus on the 99% of great folks, great adventures etc. Its what sets this forum apart and why its growth is so impressive.

Great you n your girl have a hobby that you both enjoy.
Good story. Thanks for sharing 20X :)

This is a great forum...I love it!

Well done to 20x and his missus and thanks for sharing your adventure with everyone here. I get as big a rush reading about and seeing pics of other peoples digs as I do about my own.

We should be able to post on here, a prospecting forum, without being criticised by fellow members....that's one reason we are here in the first place.

Keep digging everyone

cheers

did ya's move the most upstream tailing pile to see what I hid under it, I bet ya's didn't ey hahaha

Latest posts