Water supply to high banker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday. I'm after some info regarding the supply of water to a highbanker. This question is for NSW only. Iv attached a photo from the Office of Water. It states that 3 Meg of water per year can be used for fosiking.
1490148084_rps20170322_125159.jpg

My second question is the use of a pump to move water from point A to point B. I have attached a paragraph from NAPFA.
1490148455_rps20170322_125452.jpg
. I'm just wondering if these statements mean I can use a pump. Under the regulations provided for high banking, fosiking. Thanks

BC, I'm sure its a little more complex than what you have here in two docs. From reading all that's said here on PA its seems the nature of the restrictions suggest that only hand tools can be used, but then on the other hand it seems the Govt clearly want people to find gold for the prosperity of the state of NSW. It seems there are two sides to the argument and both sides consider they have a watertight conclusion to the topic. I've also seen many suggest that you go away and do your activity and argue the point when, and if it arises. I'm not in NSW so I'm not clear on your problem either. It seems to me you take the chance and deal with an issue if it arises. There are many on here who do a lot of high banking so I'm sure they'll have something to say about it. But then I'm sure too that the impending fines may be prohibitive. Good luck with it what ever you do.

I have been doing it for a few years and never been pulled up for using a pump
It seams to be a gray area that everyone has their own views on
The best i can say is use it but do everthing the right way and no one should stop you

7.62marksman said:
I have been doing it for a few years and never been pulled up for using a pump
It seams to be a gray area that everyone has their own views on
The best i can say is use it but do everthing the right way and no one should stop you
Yes I agree with this.
I think it boils down to the principals of responsible management and use of land, waterways and environment. So the authorities who enforce the laws and would or wouldn't pull you up on your prospecting activities are going to be primarily looking for any obvious damage you might be doing.
For instance; your digging the banks away and or uprooting/ exposing vegetation (encouraging erosion), leaving holes, damming up waterways, polluting & littering etc....these are the obvious things that if your doing, expect to get nailed for it.

Honestly my thoughts are that if someone is doing these things, its in our best interest as a responsible community that they do get nailed for it real good, because they wreck it for us and give greenie groups all the ammunition they need.

So I think marksman is right in saying, 'The best i can say is use it but do everthing the right way and no one should stop you'.