Minelab GPX 4500 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phase tech, I run the 5000 and my two choices are 1, the 12 inch evo and 2, the 11 inch standard mono and 18 inch NFA
What's your opinion looking at yours and da vents last posts.

Sorry Nenad I should have been more suspific Where you carry the 16 inch NFA and the Detech 8 for those times the newer coils are too touchy, with my 5000, I only have the 18 NFA and the standard 11 inch mono. I was interested in your opinion on my using these two for the same reason as the two that you prefer.

Ah okay. Yeah much of a muchness.
Not a lot of difference between the 16 and 18 mono. 16 is a touch lighter and a touch more sensitive, same as comparing 8" to 11" mono, but the bigger coils will get a bit more depth on bigger bits.

Hi I am just wondering if the gpx 4500 is waterproof. I mean as in the box part .

Thanks for any replys

No it's not waterproof, though it is claimed to be water resistant according to the manual.

looking at a 4500 second hand after reading a few thing on the net they say the newer model is the way to go. how do I know if its a new model or not.. serial number starts with b801
any one have an Idea

I wouldn't get hung up on new vs old. I have the old and have compared it to 2 new releases. One mine equalled (same coil/settings etc) and one it just beat, so I'm guessing warranty and it's physical condition are the differentiators.

just after reading all about the new one is more stable with noise made me think it be better option.
is the new one serial numbers make is the same as the gpx 5000 serial numbers??

ben2363 said:
just after reading all about the new one is more stable with noise made me think it be better option.
is the new one serial numbers make is the same as the gpx 5000 serial numbers??

Mate, as Jaros said above, call Minelab and ask them - they don't bite.
Not very hard, anyway! :D

Hi everyone
Just woundering if the 4500 with the 11' mono command coil will pick up small nuggets. I have not used the 4500 much .Only on a two hour trip to tablelands and only found led and I was happy with how it was working . I am sure it is the right detector for what i want, once i learn it properly . Just reading all the stories on the SCD 2300 make me wounder if i made the right choice of detector . I like the fact that you have such a large rang of coils for the 4500 . And learning a new detector is part of the fun .
Cheers Guy

Have found very small gold with my 4500, 0.1 and 0.07 being the smallest, with a nugget finder 14x9 evolution coil.
I dont have a commander 11" mono, just an 11"DD, and it dosnt seem to find the very small bits, but ive only used it twice.
The 4500 is the right detector. Tablelands?, are you referring to the Atherton tablelands?
Save up and get yourself a Nugget finder 12" evo , its probably the best all round coil out there for the 4500.

It certainly will.
The Commander 11" mono is a very capable coil and also very under used and under rated. A very forgiving coil too and probably one of the best to learn with, perfectly mated to the 4500 and 5000

Thanks for your replies . Yes Dave i was refering to Atherton but i will be spendind alot of time at Georgetown , Croydon an Palmer I also have friends in Cooktown so will be looking for gold areas up that way . I was just having Doughts on my desion of Detector as you read so much about the SDC2300 and its finds .

Latest posts