Just starting out

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all just got a Garrett AT Gold detector and after reading the instructions and having a play I headed off to Deep Creek Fossicking Area, I saw a pic of this place on the internet and all looked nice. Well I got there and what a mess vary long grass everywhere and the creek line was about two feet or more above the water with no rocks or pebbles along the creek to start a search.Well I thought I have come all this way so I best have a go and see what happens, after trying for more than hour I finally got a reading I was just estatic and got my pick and started digging. So after about five minutes of digging I finally got my reward a vary small washer so I now know that the detector works just fine although I need to learn a bit more from the instruction manual. I live in the Maryborough area and not sure where to look so I will start looking along the beach to gain more experiance. If there is anyone in my area that can show me where to start looking it will be much appreciated, I am semi retired so have time to get out with anyone who can help. Any how hope you all strike it rich and enjoy prospecting.

Hey just wondering if u found any good places in Maryborough I believe there is jasper, agate and petrified wood but unsure where to look? Any advice?

Latest posts