Hi from Adelaide, South Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Samrota, well done! Some nice pieces there and they seem that they have not fallen far... I was up at Crawford yesterday for the first time and as you said in the beginning it is big and the initial question is where to start. I swung a little up around Three Chain Break and Ridge, heaps of lead shot and a few hot rocks - looking forward to getting back up next week. :D

JD Gold said:
Congrats Samrota, well done! Some nice pieces there and they seem that they have not fallen far... I was up at Crawford yesterday for the first time and as you said in the beginning it is big and the initial question is where to start. I swung a little up around Three Chain Break and Ridge, heaps of lead shot and a few hot rocks - looking forward to getting back up next week. :D

Thanks JD,

I was there yesterday too. Got the smallest piece in the photo. Tried a few spots, but could only manage the one.

Great effort, any gold is good gold. It was a nice day up there, I caught up with a couple of others working in Watts but saw a few other cars about so seemed a pretty popular place. Now just gotta find some more time to get back up, plenty of area to swing.

Wishfull said:
Good job Sam. What did it weigh in at and how deep? You gotta love the SDC.

Sorry forgot to post the weight, was 0.2g and was on the surface.

The smallest bit to date weighs 0.0681g and was found at Mount Crawford.

Found a small water worn piece today. Only small though :)
1488700560_image.jpg

Gold tally is adding up, but very slowly though and only small bits too.

Took a couple of mates down south to go fishing for redfin at one if my favourite spots. Fishing was great with pretty much a fish a cast for a couple of hours.

Once the bites died off we went to Jupiter Creek for a few hours. Was quite warm there in the arvo. Only took 15 minutes to find my first colour, unfortunately it was the only piece for the day.

A tiny 0.15g piece.
1489873728_image.jpg

Wow, Your lucky to find anything at Jupiter's, That is of cause if you are not working the wrong side of the fence !!!!!
15 minutes and a sizable piece !! Lucky

Hillbillygold said:
Wow, Your lucky to find anything at Jupiter's, That is of cause if you are not working the wrong side of the fence !!!!!
15 minutes and a sizable piece !! Lucky

thanks. No I was not in SA Water property

Well do e samrota, pictures look amazing.
Are they all from SA, i can only seem to find junk here lol.
Great work, keep it up

Latest posts