Minerama 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I will be there next year, Fossicking this time I hope :/ ...,
At Some Locations, you do get the Strangest Stones in those mixes... Lol.... They are fun though and you never know.... :)
Now, Do you have some Pics of this Topaz I have heard about Beeza? :lol:
Groan... Back to Reality for now... :(
LoneWolf...

Well done anyhow... Who ever found it :lol: ..... Steve's place only gets better and better.... Some of the finds are truly Amazing... Had a good catch-up with Steve at Minerama the day after and he tells me there will be some more additions soon... Just what the Area needs I say... Glad you had a good time and yes it does get Cold at Glen Innes in Winter... Minus 12 at my mates place at Mt Mitchell 3 yrs ago...:eek: and close to that at Torrington sometimes.... Not Fossicker Friendly Weather when you have to break ice to get to the gravel... and that's just getting out of his property... :/

LoneWolf....

Hey guys, new to this forum but I did take pics of Bezza and willo1's finds from Steve's place so here you go, hope it's ok boys..

The topaz, 26.35 ct
HXw8cEi.jpg

Nice "big" emeralds
9DpTUqK.jpg

It was great to meet you both and thanks again for putting up with my very chatty son.

Riley, you can rest assured the nice little topaz crystal I found will probably end up in my specimen display. I recon that large crystal in the back of your pic is a topaz as well, it seems to have the right shape for topaz.

LoneWolf said:
Should ask before posting other's Pics. :p

Not sure what you mean mate. I took the pictures and did ask the guys when I took them if it'd be ok to post online...

I'll remove them if they're not comfortable with me posting them anymore.

I'm very happy to hear you're keeping it as is :D it was a ripper of a stone that's for sure. The tour guide seemed to agree with me about it being a beryl crystal but without a sg test there's no way to know I guess. Did pick up a few little pieces of topaz but at best they 'might' be worth sending to thailand :8

Wet Wet Wet still here in Glen Innes, had a good day today, went to the red lion pub for lunch before visiting glencoe fossicking area.

After a nice lunch I did not feel like digging in the rain so went back to Caravan.

The guy with the faceting machine rang and we ended up bringing it back with us to the van.

There was a bit of a discussion on what model it was and what extras were in the package and were they the right price ( Must have Been the right price as I now own it)

Looking forward to unpacking it tomorrow

ray

Latest posts