Materials for dryblower

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK wife is on her way back, I'll gauge how pissed off she is later and see if it's a good idea to head out tomorrow.

Don't plan your day around me being available Kane, prob 50/50
I can always scoot up to creswick.

OK did the painted lead test, 90% in first riffle, a few bit in secons, and a couple in the third, nothing in 4,5,6.
So it appears to be working well.
NB I did turn it down a tad.

Sorry bud. That stupid thing called work has got in the way.
I'm glad your blower is working much better.
The area I wanted to take you out to may be a wast of time after this week with the weather coming in on monday.
Might still be ok. Depending on how much rain we get

Good stuff mate. Angle and speed you'l be able to work out easy in the field depending on soil type. Looks like it'l process material fairly to which is always a good plus +.

Well I caught plenty of black sand a few shotgun pellets but bugger all gold.
It was still too damp to run, I had to run it through, spread it out to dry and run it through 4 times to get it to "fly" properly, thus didn't get stuff all material through it.
Anyway it is catching heavies, just need somewhere drier.

Hey panner.
Looking great now. I have been planing to build a dry blower as we were heading for the dryest summer on record, but wouldn't you know it, it hasn't stopped raining for a bloody week now. The joys of chasing the shiny stuff. Either too wet or too dry. Luckily, i just like to build stuff, so I'll have to copy your build anyway. Hope you find some yellow. Enjoyed your build.

Thanks mate, there are a few things that would make it better.
The bellows material would be better attatched to the inside of the frame and lower puffer plate, it sucks a bit of dirt through the material of the riffle board which ends up in the air box and I can see it would amount to a bit at the end of a long day, which would get jammed in the lower hinge restricting movement.
Also maybe make the box out of aluminium to keep the weight down.
Maybe a different motor which is lighter?

ballarat_gold said:
whered the edit button go ? ... edit/ ... much 'new' workings ...
Yeah, that's annoying, the edit feature is only there for a short time. I've noticed badly worded things I have written and would have edited it to make sense but you can't after a few hours.

Anyway, no bugger all, someone had a scratch in that deep part of the gully, but it looks like after the water stopped everything is still in it's place.

Nice build mate, you have to show me that one, one day :Y:
Got the CV sorted yet or do you have to wait till Monday to get one?

MartinM said:
Nice build mate, you have to show me that one, one day :Y:
Got the CV sorted yet or do you have to wait till Monday to get one?
Welcome to the forum Martin!
Nah, I'll have to wait till tomorrow to get the part.The bush fix held up to get her home.
That dryblower is on the back deck, come and have a look when next in the area. :Y:
But it's useless till next summer.

Latest posts