Impact Search Modes

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhaseTech

Phase Technical
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
As there are quite a few modes to chose from, thought I'd start a fresh thread to discuss the different options available.

The Impact has introduced two new modes, unique to Nokta/Makro units, called VLX1 & VLX2. Basically, they are a less aggressive mode, which will be ideal for users who are not used to Fast Recovery machines to ease themselves into the Impact. I can also see them useful when chasing modern shallow coins in fresh sites, so chances of the coins being masked are quite low.

In my opinion, VLX1 still goes plenty deep. I used it recently and was getting clear hits that was deeper than I was prepared to dig in the particular park I was in.

Dilek posted this over on Findmall:

VLX1
3-tone discrimination mode designed for users who prefer a lower noise level while detecting. Ideal for coin hunting on changing grounds and different levels of mineralization. It will provide weaker responses for fringe depth targets as well as ground and environmental noises. Therefore, it is suitable for use with Disc. set to 0 and at higher gain levels. If needed, a more stable operation can be obtained by increasing the Disc. but Disc. will create a greater loss in depth in this mode compared to others.

VLX2
Resembles the VLX1 in terms of characteristics. However, it is a deeper mode utilizing 4-tones and it is ideal for both coin and relic hunting in changing ground conditions and all levels of mineralization

Latest posts