what metal detector should i purchase

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have read a lot of comments here on the performance of different brands of metal detectors and its becoming hard to select one for my needs.
live in Tasmania and wish to try my luck around old mining areas also have a look on foreshores and beaches here.
would like the detector I buy to be easy to use and be capable of locating coins ect and gold.
not sure on price maybe up to a grand,hope someone can advise me here.

thanks mark

tassie mark said:
i have read a lot of comments here on the performance of different brands of metal detectors and its becoming hard to select one for my needs.
live in Tasmania and wish to try my luck around old mining areas also have a look on foreshores and beaches here.
would like the detector I buy to be easy to use and be capable of locating coins ect and gold.
not sure on price maybe up to a grand,hope someone can advise me here.

thanks mark

The new Gold Monster to be released soon may be up your alley .................. no price set as yet but may be in the ball part dollar wise :Y:

thanks 7.62 marksman for your advice on which detector I should get. the xterra dual pack sounds like a good investment and the price is attractive.
hope you let us know how it performs out in the field detecting for gold sometime soon.the new gold monster has been suggested to me as well so its still a toss up at this stage.

thanks bogger ill check out the gold monster,leaning toward the exterra 705 dual pack at the moment but both priced about the same

Latest posts