Chiastolite

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out detecting the other day and my wife found these little chiastolite samples while I was swinging. Planning to find a few more next time I'm up there. :cool:

Cheers

Doug
1488877388_20170307_173113.jpg

Yeh Ken,

I didn't even know they existed then we were talking to the property owner and they said they had a sample a lottt larger yhan the ones the wife found. Was thinking about getting my mate to take a cut from the face of the larger one then polishing it. A nice little sample for our collection of various stones. :) :)

Cheers

Doug

Hi rockhunter, I have only been detecting in QLD once at Western Creek. Wandering around I found a small area of rotted bedrock with chiastolite crystals up to 20 cm long and 4cm wide. Some very nice perfect black crosses in white matrix. I will take an image and upload them in the morning. The indented grooves on each corner are cool....amazing crystal shape to the mineral.
cheers RDD

Known spot for chiastolite.

Spent ages in relocating it years back.
We went down the wrong tracks. :8

There is also large black tourmaline crystals in the area.
The most easily accessed spot got picked over years back.

Chiastolite can cab nicely. :)

jimnyjerry said:
Known spot for chiastolite.

Spent ages in relocating it years back.
We went down the wrong tracks. :8

There is also large black tourmaline crystals in the area.
The most easily accessed spot got picked over years back.

Chiastolite can cab nicely. :)

You wouldn't remember what area the black tourmaline was in would you jimnyjerry? Heading back up there next weekend.

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts