Meteorite Ch.7 Sunrise

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You get me A patch and i will get the gold for all involved :eek: it does make me woder if sunrise were clever enough to stage an event likke thiss for ratings or free advertising but obviously not or it would have been news by now .
Long island ice T's are rocking me so my typings getting dodgy ;) :D :lol:

Well 3D based on your story I certainly can't fault what you have done. My post querying this event on the Sunrise FB page has been deleted, which is strange in itself.

Talking about UFO's will just confuse an already difficult topic though, because when someone mentions UFO's everyone thinks "Aliens".

It has the appearance of a meteor, not an alien space ship, not man-made space junk. But here's the crunch; I've seen plenty of real footage of daytime meteors as well as plenty of faked videos, and this vid doesn't have the detail or the characteristics of a genuine meteor. It looks computer generated. But I will happily welcome being proved wrong.

Your information certainly warrants further investigation. I will chase this up with my local media contacts because Sunrise appears to be a closed box and they aren't responding to any queries. I'm hoping my media guys can get a reply from Sunrise.

I will keep this forum posted on any info I can uncover.

starfield7 said:
Well 3D based on your story I certainly can't fault what you have done. My post querying this event on the Sunrise FB page has been deleted, which is strange in itself.

Talking about UFO's will just confuse an already difficult topic though, because when someone mentions UFO's everyone thinks "Aliens".

It has the appearance of a meteor, not an alien space ship, not man-made space junk. But here's the crunch; I've seen plenty of real footage of daytime meteors as well as plenty of faked videos, and this vid doesn't have the detail or the characteristics of a genuine meteor. It looks computer generated. But I will happily welcome being proved wrong.

Your information certainly warrants further investigation. I will chase this up with my local media contacts because Sunrise appears to be a closed box and they aren't responding to any queries. I'm hoping my media guys can get a reply from Sunrise.

I will keep this forum posted on any info I can uncover.
If its Unidentified...Its still classed as a UFO.until its been identified... :Y:

Thanks for posting 3DDevil. I collect/find meteorites and have an amateur interest in them and videos that people have taken all over the world. The image does not show the typical characteristics of a meteor ploughing through the atmosphere and burning up...the tail would be longer.

The video "appears" to show that the object does not pass under clouds and the object appears to dim slightly before disappearing (although the detail in the video makes it hard to make objective observations)

The level of glow, its evenness of glow, its trajectory, and its disappearance does indicate all the characteristics that don't discount it could be a meteor skimming through the very outer atmosphere (bouncing off the outer atmosphere) and continuing on its way.
. It could of also burnt out in the thin atmosphere without any fireworks like the ones that hit the solid atmosphere lower down.

I have watched a few skimming meteors and Leonid meteoroid showers where I saw some of the meteoroids (very small specks/grains) that obviously were just glowing a little as they skimmed the outer atmosphere as we passed through the trail of the meteoroids.

The above is all just conjecture of course.

Regards RDD

Guy please don't ever use the term UFO. My contacts at the ABC are about to run with this story in the hope Sunrise will respond. Talking UFO's takes the science away from the observation and turns it into a rediculous nutjob conspiracy-fest.

Here's an example of a recent event where a person in Tasmania videod a plane vapour trail, thought it was a meteor fireball and posted it online. Most of the media ran with the whole UFO/alien angle even though we (the real investigators) had not only identified it as a vapour trail but even identified the EXACT plane that made it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-...mania-as-plane-lights-up-imaginations/8311224

I am indentifying this object as either one of two things; a meteor (rock from space) or a fake computer generated meteor. It is NOT unidentified. I have no evidence to suggest 3D has faked this footage, but I wouldn't be surprised if some joker on the Sunrise production crew has.

I could be wrong about my original assessment of this being fake, but we are going to find out shortly either way.

So guy ....what do u call it then..not sure how it takes the science away by calling it ...what it is ....an unidentified flying object..UFO...lol...Good luck with having any media reporting on an unidentified flying object..as the main channel's 7..9...10...just wont air it. :Y:

Iam starting to wonder if it may just be some sort of reflected light on the camera lens off screen, if you slow the video to 1/4 and watch from about the 5 second mark to about 7 second, you will notice the shape gets mirrored slightly below itself and also flickers slightly and seems to jump around. Could just be due to the quality.

Personally, I have always hated the term Unidentified Flying Object (UFO), as it presupposes far too much, when many such observations/instances turn out not to be 'flying' and/or not to be 'objects'. eg. dirt on a lens; internal reflections in a lens; lights; optical illusions; mirages, etc, etc.

'UFO' has long outlived any relevance it may once have had and become a useless catch-all term, irrevocably synonymous with 'aliens' in the public mind. And don't get me started on the seemingly endless succession of airplane vapour trails mistakenly branded as UFO sightings... :eek: Too many people who should have gone to Specsavers!

Gunna be a hard one trying to police the term
U F O i recon ,.... anyway, on here we can call it what we want, no ones gunna be watching here to see conspiracy theory unfurl its glorious alien type wings, and I'd rather see the aliens pull up a park than the all seeing being breathing fire n smoke on everyone (babies n all) :lol:

RedDirtDigger said:
Thanks for posting 3DDevil. I collect/find meteorites and have an amateur interest in them and videos that people have taken all over the world. The image does not show the typical characteristics of a meteor ploughing through the atmosphere and burning up...the tail would be longer.

The video "appears" to show that the object does not pass under clouds and the object appears to dim slightly before disappearing (although the detail in the video makes it hard to make objective observations)

The level of glow, its evenness of glow, its trajectory, and its disappearance does indicate all the characteristics that don't discount it could be a meteor skimming through the very outer atmosphere (bouncing off the outer atmosphere) and continuing on its way.
. It could of also burnt out in the thin atmosphere without any fireworks like the ones that hit the solid atmosphere lower down.

I have watched a few skimming meteors and Leonid meteoroid showers where I saw some of the meteoroids (very small specks/grains) that obviously were just glowing a little as they skimmed the outer atmosphere as we passed through the trail of the meteoroids.

The above is all just conjecture of course.

Regards RDD

Remember seeing that big bright one at Hill End the other year with Wally69 and a couple of the other fellas? I'm positive you were there too RDD, that was a real beauty, went green and everything. I remember you had to leave to go home early but I'm almost sure you were there to see it.

grubstake said:
Here in WA, Curtin University's Desert Fireball Network is photographing the night sky to capture pics and later track and eventually recover meteorites - very interesting stuff:
http://fireballsinthesky.com.au/

Grub, I have been involved in a few of the Curtin and Monash meteorite hunts. Curtin's Desert Fireball Network cameras have led to the recovery of two meteorites from observed falls so far, and their success will only increase as they install more cameras.

Nothing to report from my media contacts yet. I'm still hopeful.

Latest posts